General General forums for the GTR community.

Oh man... we got slayed. Viper 7:22 at the Ring

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by winkie
The ACR viper is a true racing machine, and I have always wanted to know what it could do at the ring. Not to rain on their parade, but the ACR viper is more of a race car than a daily driver. No radio, no sound dampening, a front lip that has to be removed to legally drive on the streets (in America)...this car is serious business racing from the factory. I would imagine there will be some similarities between the ACR and the V spec GTR (including the 100k price tag). Again, this accomplishment for the viper is awesome, but comparing the viper to the current GTR is comparing apples to oranges in my opinion.
Not true, i picked up my 08 ACR a few weeks ago, I have a radio, sound dampening materail, the lip is already attached, there is an extension included for track use.
The ACR is identical to the normal viper except for tires, wheels, brake rotors, shocks, and the wing, lip, and winglets.
They do offer a hardcore package that removes and additial 40 pounds that gets rid of the stereo.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 PM
GTR Senior Member

The suspension is what kills the ACR for me as a daily driver. I thought the Bullitt and the GT-R had a firm suspension but after seeing the comparison in last month's MT magazine about ride quality it would be a track toy alone.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Catapult5
The suspension is what kills the ACR for me as a daily driver. I thought the Bullitt and the GT-R had a firm suspension but after seeing the comparison in last month's MT magazine about ride quality it would be a track toy alone.
Well, it is completely adjustable. So you can change the settings. Every time I see it in my garage it just blow my mind. Photo dont really do the viper justice. When you see it in person it is just incredible.