General General forums for the GTR community.

Need All Season Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 09:04 AM

Need All Season Tires

My GT-R is scheduled to arrive in port next week, and I have a question about tires. Living in the DC area, we don't typically get a huge amount of snow, but we still get some. Enough that, I would not want to drive the GT-R in it with the stock, "Summer Only", tires. Right now I am planning to ship a set of four Dunlop SP Sport 7010 A/S DSST Ultra High Performance All Season tires to the dealer where I am taking possession of the vehicle. And to anticipate some potential questions, yes, I plan to drive the GT-R daily, rain, snow, or shine. Afterall, Nissan touts it as, "The first supercar meant to be driven by anyone, anytime, anywhere". So I'm holding them to that. Anyway, I'd appreciate some feedback on my choice of tires, which, by the way, are the only All Season options available for the GT-R at Tirerack.com.

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Nuj

Tires

Hi there.

I can't really answer your question, but I too live in Montgomery County. My GTR arrives in a few weeks also. Have you decided which local Nissan dealership to trust as your home dealer for services? Mine is coming into a dealer out of state, and havn't decided which dealer to use yet.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:41 AM

My GT-R should have already arrived in port, and the dealership I'm taking possession is one in Woodbridge. No telling how long it takes from the time the vehicle is off loaded in port until it actually makes it to the dealer--could be a couple of days, could be a week, I don't know. However, since I live in the Silver Spring area, I am planning on taking my GT-R for service to Herb Gordon Nissan, which is upper Silver Spring, very close to where I live. I originally had a deposit on a GT-R there, but they held firm on a $20K markup over MSRP. The dealer in Woodbridge is selling for $5K over MSRP.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Nuj

Very Nice. I'm sure we'll meet someday at some local GTR rallys.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 AM

those tires, if they are all season tires, are the wrong tires for your car.you need dedicated snow tires to get the kind of daily performance that you are looking for. there have been many articles in all the popular car mags comparing all season to summer to winter tires in winter conditions and they found that the winter tires were serious performers, but the all seasons were a waste in the winter.- you should speak to someone like damon at the tirerack who can confirm to you the proper fitment and right tire for your gt-r. (8775228473 ext643) for your car-with winters on, you should be fine-just get the right fitment. i have a 997tt and put winters on it and it drives like a jeep. forget those all seasons on the gtr-call damon, good luck.