General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR Release Date Pushed Back

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 PM
GTR Senior Member

It'll be a while before I ever get an R35, too. So I'm interested all the same in seeing how this new model does and evolves over the next couple of years. It's an exciting time to be into this culture.
i'm on the same page. i find myself agreeing with you a lot lately man,

it's a terrific time to be involved in the car world, there's something for everyone

i'm just wondering when toyota's going to jump on the bandwagon.. (but that's for a different thread/forum/time)
Old 03-04-2008, 12:16 AM
GTR Senior Member

About markups, the best thing to do is either hunt down an MSRP deal (which is possible with legwork) or just wait it out. It depends on where you are with your finances at the time.

Personally, I couldn't even afford one anyway at MSRP so I'm going to have to just wait my turn.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748
i'm on the same page. i find myself agreeing with you a lot lately man,

it's a terrific time to be involved in the car world, there's something for everyone

i'm just wondering when toyota's going to jump on the bandwagon.. (but that's for a different thread/forum/time)
That's cool. I'm glad we have that common ground. I try to call it as I see it; to see what is realistic and what is clearly in front of me.

At times it may rub others the wrong way when I'm too blunt. I'll candidly attempt to keep that in check on this forum.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:45 AM
GTR Member

KCP I appreciate the info on the release date! I use this site to keep my pre-order GT-R clients up to date. I called one of my clients and told him the news and I think I messed up his day...lol. Again thanks for the info....
Old 03-04-2008, 11:08 AM
GTR Senior Member

At times it may rub others the wrong way when I'm too blunt. I'll candidly attempt to keep that in check on this forum.

well thats good to do, i guess i got a little off topic, but there can be a lot of misinformation on forums and it's important to separate the truth from rumors, misconceptions and plain wrong information
Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748
well thats good to do, i guess i got a little off topic, but there can be a lot of misinformation on forums and it's important to separate the truth from rumors, misconceptions and plain wrong information
That's right.

I like how on this forum members are generally not obsessing over dealer premiums for R35s, and there is a greater interest in all GT-Rs, not just R35s.

Also, some of the waiting may be incredibly long in some cases for the R35, and some will be delivered right away. I foresee, in other words, a sort of polarized development of delivery: Some will appear to get their car very soon, and others will see inordinately long waits.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:20 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by bonzelite
That's right.

I like how on this forum members are generally not obsessing over dealer premiums for R35s, and there is a greater interest in all GT-Rs, not just R35s.

Also, some of the waiting may be incredibly long in some cases for the R35, and some will be delivered right away. I foresee, in other words, a sort of polarized development of delivery: Some will appear to get their car very soon, and others will see inordinately long waits.

THE GREAT AND ALMIGHTY BONZELITE HAS SPOKEN!!!!!

But on a serious note the dealer that I spoke to said that some of the larger areas(CA, FL, NY etc.) are going to have longer waits then smaller regions (Midwest to Mideast). Of course this is just my experience. Hopefully nothing too outrageous, since waiting right now is hard enough
Old 03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Oglethorp
THE GREAT AND ALMIGHTY BONZELITE HAS SPOKEN!!!!!

But on a serious note the dealer that I spoke to said that some of the larger areas(CA, FL, NY etc.) are going to have longer waits then smaller regions (Midwest to Mideast). Of course this is just my experience. Hopefully nothing too outrageous, since waiting right now is hard enough

Hello, Oglethorp, welcome to the party
Old 03-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned

can't wait to see the 1st ones
Old 03-09-2008, 07:02 PM
GTR Member

Gents,

I got a confirmation today that my car will be produced in April, and delivered in June. FYI.

Quick Reply: GTR Release Date Pushed Back