General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR Release Date Pushed Back

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:43 PM
kcp

GTR Release Date Pushed Back

The dealer release date has been pushed back from mid June and is now scheduled for July 7. I know this will disappoint a bunch of people who have one on order, but figured i would pass along the info.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:17 PM
GTR Senior Member

kcp, thanks for the update.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:40 PM
GTR Senior Member

i guess that happens

any reason why?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748
i guess that happens

any reason why?
Delays just happen, I guess. It may have something to do with orders exceeding initial guesstimates.

It could be for any number of reasons. There is talk that lots of cars will not be delivered to USA customers until fall, winter, and into calendar year 2009.

If you've already pre-ordered I'd just sort of sit back and just wait it out.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:19 PM
kcp

The bulletin really didn't list a reason. I am not suprised though. I thought it was weird that they were going to release the car in June, when the sales training isn't even until mid June. I wouldn't be suprised to see it get pushed back even further. Also, I don't think they have decided how they are going to ship them yet. If they ship them in enclosed trailers it could slow the process down even more. I hope not.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:09 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by kcp
The bulletin really didn't list a reason. I am not suprised though. I thought it was weird that they were going to release the car in June, when the sales training isn't even until mid June. I wouldn't be suprised to see it get pushed back even further. Also, I don't think they have decided how they are going to ship them yet. If they ship them in enclosed trailers it could slow the process down even more. I hope not.
Good points.

I wasn't considering the actual mode of shipping. They are actually doing as you suggest; ie, enclosed containers. There is even a surcharge for this as part of the price, IIRC word on the street is $700-$1200 extra for shipping container service.

It just seems these projected dates are moved farther and farther into the future. The MY2010 will already be out before many MY09s are actually in the possession of customers. That's at least what it appears from this point.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:39 PM
GTR Senior Member

well im glad to know more about the process, interesting stuff guys

i won't be owning one, but it's still cool to see how it works
Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 PM

its alright with me..more time for MINE'S to finish the parts!! before i get mine..
________
buy easy vape

Last edited by althani; 01-18-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:31 PM
GTR Senior Member

It'll be a while before I ever get an R35, too. So I'm interested all the same in seeing how this new model does and evolves over the next couple of years. It's an exciting time to be into this culture.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:03 PM
GTR Member

Unfortunately, I might have to add a few years wait to both cars in my sig as I might be extended overseas... That could be good for the price on the GT-R though. However, if the mark-ups don't cease and desist, I will have a Japanese one shipped back before I depart. That is how serious I am about not paying the mark-ups and about getting a GT-R. If the yen rate is right I could actually save a few dollars.

-Nate

Last edited by GTRNate; 03-04-2008 at 01:17 AM.

Quick Reply: GTR Release Date Pushed Back