General General forums for the GTR community.

GT-R owners, any regrets????

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:00 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by AndyN
Hope this isn't a Fight Club deally. Alter egos?

I've been getting MSRP quotes everywhere for the 2010. no bad I suppose considering where we were 1 year ago. BUT $5k bump for 5 hp and some suspension tweaks is quite a bit. I haven't read anything about strengthening the car in any way. Only protection for the tranny was a software update. So $5k is pretty steep.

I think locally there are only 2-3 09's that I noted from my search. If I get a good deal I think I'll be happy. If not MSRP on a 2010 won't bum me out too much. Man, this is hard. My biggest personal purchase ( outside of the house) and it's the most financially unsound and irresponsible move. Sadly this is the best time to do it.

Seems like the SAME egos Tyler.

Yup, I'm getting MSRP quotes on 2010's as well with very little effort, so I think a little bit of haggling could get some movement, esp. if you visit them in person. All my communiques have been via e-mail/phone thus far. There has been a flurry of activity at local dealers selling their '09s this past week (end of the month et al). There is a black and a silver in the area. I'm not so keen on black on the GT-R and the silver has that 3K markup...soooo. Not sure.

True that when the car first arrived we would've pounced on it for MSRP, but that was when it was SUPPOSEDLY $69K. It's a different ballgame now, esp. with this tanking economy.

It IS a hard decision. Being in our thirties, there is the hope that in the long run this purchase will come out in the wash and that looking back you won't have any regrets about not having done it when you had the chance. My $.02
Old 07-02-2009, 07:49 PM

Looks like we have been getting the same quotes. 3k for color choice when for 4k I can go with a 2010 makes silver not an option for me. I love gun metal and am willing to go MSRP for it but 4-5 k off for an 09 is very very tempting. Out of red, white, and black I'm cool with black. Looking at all the pics online it doesn't show the lines as well but in person black works. For me white in person doesn't do it for me but in pictures its awesome. So I guess I'm going to "settle" for an 09 black gtr from somewhere. Seems like all the 09's left are black.

You're right, once in a lifetime you've got to go for it. Irresponsible, maybe, but hopefully not a stretch financially. BUT hey, if we're even talking about this car I guess it means we've worked pretty damn hard to put ourselves in a position to consider it.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:30 AM
GTR Member

Looks like we have been getting the same quotes. 3k for color choice when for 4k I can go with a 2010 makes silver not an option for me. I love gun metal and am willing to go MSRP for it but 4-5 k off for an 09 is very very tempting. Out of red, white, and black I'm cool with black. Looking at all the pics online it doesn't show the lines as well but in person black works. For me white in person doesn't do it for me but in pictures its awesome. So I guess I'm going to "settle" for an 09 black gtr from somewhere. Seems like all the 09's left are black.

You're right, once in a lifetime you've got to go for it. Irresponsible, maybe, but hopefully not a stretch financially. BUT hey, if we're even talking about this car I guess it means we've worked pretty damn hard to put ourselves in a position to consider it.

I feel the same about the colors, love Gun and White. Silver is great, but not enough to warrant $3K spent elsewhare. Black kinda masks the grill, which is a shame, but not a deal-breaker. Red, nfw. So have you been getting 4-5K under MSRP offers on 09 blacks? If so, then, that's a no brainer, imo.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:23 PM

Took a look at the black one this morning and, wow, black does look very nice in person. in pictures the two tone of the girl isn't appreciated. in person that bad boy shines and looks very nice.

No, no 4-5k under 2009 MSRP. I think 09 MSRP is what $80-81? I'm getting quotes of 1-2 k below that.

I just sent in an app for preapproval on loan. whatever they give me will dictate what I get. If the give me enough for the 2010 then I'll be in the same dilemma. if they give me enough for the 09 then 09 it is.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:21 PM
GTR Member

Took a look at the black one this morning and, wow, black does look very nice in person. in pictures the two tone of the girl isn't appreciated. in person that bad boy shines and looks very nice.

No, no 4-5k under 2009 MSRP. I think 09 MSRP is what $80-81? I'm getting quotes of 1-2 k below that.

I just sent in an app for preapproval on loan. whatever they give me will dictate what I get. If the give me enough for the 2010 then I'll be in the same dilemma. if they give me enough for the 09 then 09 it is.

Yeah. I had a black car before. Just gotta keep that baby clean. My M3 is silver and that sucker can be coated with dust and you can't tell unless your right up on it.

Oh, so I think you meant 4-5K off 2010 MSRP then. Around 78-80K right? That sounds right to me. Which dealership did you see the black Gt-R at? Antioch? I know they had 2 and recently sold one. On the web they asked for ~80K, unlike some dealerships that still have asking prices of $100K.

I'm leaning towards a 2010 at this point. If I'm gonna spend this much, wanna get the right color for me too.

Best of luck. If you do get it, be sure to post some pics ASAP.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:53 PM

Well, I pulled the trigger on a Gun Metal Grey 2010. It did have the Cold weather package but oh well. Tires in 2-3 years for me I guess. Beautiful car. Gun metal just floats my boat. After having a bunch of dealers offer MSRP to just below I got a great deal from Antioch Nissan. Salesperson I worked with was awesome. No muss no fuss. Anyone interested in a GTR in the Bay Area and don't mind driving to Antioch PM me. Only downside to my experience was putting 50 miles on my new baby to get home. Upside? Great deal and the 50 mile drive to get my baby home. Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:39 PM

Smile

http://forums.gtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=1673

Serious Inquires ONLY.

Superior SpecR Exhaust HKS USA Exclusive 2 ONLY 10 MADE in the World!!!!

THERE ARE ONLY 10 OF THESE MADE IN THE WORLD. WE HAVE THE RIGHTS TO ONLY ONE!

They are already here. If you would like to be one of 10 people to own this please give me a call at 214-454-4018.

More Info:

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=3721&rsku=6654

31025-KN001 - HKS Superior specR Exhaust | RPMWare - An Online Store for Your Performance Shop
Old 08-15-2009, 12:27 PM

I am considering getting '10 GT-R but I have a xterra which if I get the GT-R I would use it as the daily driver the xterra is my work horse. But I drive 40,000 miles per year, please tell me if that is bad for the GT-R.(And I dont care at all about re-sell value)
Old 08-15-2009, 03:06 PM

I sold my daily driver a month ago and havent replaced it yet. I have been driving the GTR everyday for the last month and I love it and the car doesnt mind it at all. The tires are my only concern.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:12 PM

Yea. Ok thnx for your input, but do you think it is dependable for 40k miles a year, most of it is highway miles tho. I saw two of these yesterday and fell in love at the dealership. So is it pretty comfy in comfort mode or do you still fell every bump in the road?