General General forums for the GTR community.

Down Payments??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 06:24 PM

Here is the only specific response I received from my inquiries to 20 different dealerships:

"Dear Erwin,

I spoke with you earlier today about the Nissan GT-R. The only information I have on it at this time is that it will be coming out sometime next spring, which you already new, and it will be a 2009.

You asked about reserving one by putting down a deposit. We can do this. However, we need to wait until we know what we have coming in. We need to know the VIN, trim, etc. in order to reserve it for you. We can only reserve a specific car.

We are creating a waiting list for the GT-R. You will be the first person on it. As soon as we have information on what we will be getting in, we will contact you and reserve one for you. It will probably be in the spring, about a month before they begin to arrive.

We look forward to serving you."

Thoughts? I want a secure position...not "you'll be first on the list to be the first on a list."
Old 07-27-2007, 10:58 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by wucifer
Here is the only specific response I received from my inquiries to 20 different dealerships:

"Dear Erwin,

I spoke with you earlier today about the Nissan GT-R. The only information I have on it at this time is that it will be coming out sometime next spring, which you already new, and it will be a 2009.

You asked about reserving one by putting down a deposit. We can do this. However, we need to wait until we know what we have coming in. We need to know the VIN, trim, etc. in order to reserve it for you. We can only reserve a specific car.

We are creating a waiting list for the GT-R. You will be the first person on it. As soon as we have information on what we will be getting in, we will contact you and reserve one for you. It will probably be in the spring, about a month before they begin to arrive.

We look forward to serving you."

Thoughts? I want a secure position...not "you'll be first on the list to be the first on a list."

I would' t trust that dealer if I were you. I think they will gladly selll you a GT-R but it will be over MSRP.

I've had a deposit on GT-R for at least 8 months now. The dealer and I have a "Notorized signed agreement at MSRP" they are a large multi - brand dealer with integrety! Only 3 things that we added to our contract is:

1. That I can not buy the car and resell it for a profit for one year.
2. That the car stays in the area for one year uless I change my address ( move out of state). They want the local attention on this car.
3. That the car has to meet my expectations and if it doesn't I will get my depost back and I give up any right to the car and it willl then go to the next person down on the list.

BTW I'm 1st on the list.

They said they only expect to get 2-3 cars the first year and expext the first car to be here as early as March or as late as May of 08. Also as far as they know there will be only one trim level the first year in the states and they have been told the car will sticker for 65 -70k. Don't know options or colors etc. yet.

Keep searhing for a reputable dealer that will sign such an agreement/contract with you and give you some peace of mind that they won't stiff you on the deal when the car comes in......because you know that some of the "stealerships will be asking over MSRP for this special car just like they did on the 06 Z06 Corvette.... that is why I waited for my 07 Z06. Got it at MSRP just as the dealer and I agreed on.

Good luck I hoped this helped

Last edited by 08Skygtr; 07-27-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by 08Skygtr
I would' t trust that dealer if I were you. I think they will gladly selll you a GT-R but it will be over MSRP.

I've had a deposit on GT-R for at least 8 months now. The dealer and I have a "Notorized signed agreement at MSRP" they are a large multi - brand dealer with integrety! Only 3 things that we added to our contract is:

1. That I can not buy the car and resell it for a profit for one year.
2. That the car stays in the area for one year uless I change my address ( move out of state). They want the local attention on this car.
3. That the car has to meet my expectations and if it doesn't I will get my depost back and I give up any right to the car and it willl then go to the next person down on the list.

BTW I'm 1st on the list.

They said they only expect to get 2-3 cars the first year and expext the first car to be here as early as March or as late as May of 08. Also as far as they know there will be only one trim level the first year in the states and they have been told the car will sticker for 65 -70k. Don't know options or colors etc. yet.

Keep searhing for a reputable dealer that will sign such an agreement/contract with you and give you some peace of mind that they won't stiff you on the deal when the car comes in......because you know that some of the "stealerships will be asking over MSRP for this special car just like they did on the 06 Z06 Corvette.... that is why I waited for my 07 Z06. Got it at MSRP just as the dealer and I agreed on.

Good luck I hoped this helped
Sounds like you're the sucker and his dealers honest. IMHO
Old 07-28-2007, 08:57 PM

well nissan #1, "IMHO" you lost all credibility by failing to offer any reasoning to back up your negative comment...not to mention that was your first post on these forums.

skygtr, it looks like i will have to do the legwork and walk into a dealership to obtain that peace of mind. i like how you got your negotiation notarized...i think you'll really enjoy being the first where you live. i just can't wait for tokyo's motor show. the anticipation is killing me...can't wait til october!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:53 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by wucifer
well nissan #1, "IMHO" you lost all credibility by failing to offer any reasoning to back up your negative comment...not to mention that was your first post on these forums.

skygtr, it looks like i will have to do the legwork and walk into a dealership to obtain that peace of mind. i like how you got your negotiation notarized...i think you'll really enjoy being the first where you live. i just can't wait for tokyo's motor show. the anticipation is killing me...can't wait til october!

Thanks for having my back I don't know what the h*** he was talking about and that was his first post...um I guess it takes all kinds.

Anyway I think the "notorized agreement" shows that the dealer has good intentions and I have no reason to doubt they will keep their word on this deal.

I had a couple of guys from the forum send me a private message and told me that they had the same experience that you did. I told them what I did and one of them did put a deposit on a GT-R get on a list......so keep trying you will find a good dealer I'm sure.

I'm very excided also to get the car as this car will be a joint project car between myself and a very well know perfromance shop.

BTW I brought the same agreement to my Chevy dealer that sold me my Z06 and I put a deposit on the new upcoming " supervette " SS/ Z07/ Z06R? Blue Devil or what ever they are going to call it ( GM has not released the name yet ).

They thought the way the agreement was set up was so good that they pretty much copyed it with the exception that I agreed to pay 5k over MSRP which is the first time that dealer has ever charged over sticker for a car. I know that the buzz on Corvettefroums is that any dealer that is taking deposits on the new "Vette" will be marking it 25 -30% over sticker when it comes out which is insane. My dealer is only going to get 1 or 2 cars the first year. They know they could get more $$ but would rather make their customers happy and keep them coming back rather than ripping them off. I do not have a problem paying 5k over for this very speical car....as anyone over on the Corvetteforums that has put a depoist down on one said if your dealer is willing to sell it to you for 5k over MSRP then you have got a great deal and a reputable dealer!!

I will sell my current Z06 when it comes in and will probably sell the Evo when the GT-R gets here as well.....I can't wait.

Good luck to you and I hope you find a good dealer in your area like I did.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:49 PM

i'm not getting one til the 3rd year model. 30k down at least.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:45 AM

My dealer in Westchester took a $1,000 deposit on the first Black or Silver loaded GTR to hit the dealership. I could not decide on the color anyway, now I will just leave it up to fate. The dealers have not gotten the order sheets on the GTR yet and it takes 4 months from order till delivery for Nissan. I cannot wait.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:57 AM

Johnnyr...I called up every single dealership in Westchester and only like 2 or 3 of them had a waiting list for the GT-R. None of them were guaranteeing MSRP price. Could you please give me more info or send me a PM or something. Same with you 08skygtr...

Right now I do have a deposit with a dealer and its for sticker price, but I really just have a bad feeling about it and don't trust them and I'm worried they won't get this car.

Thanks guys...
Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 PM

The dealer I am buying the car from I had worked for in the past so I am very close with the owner. I do not know what his position is with his other allocation of GTR's. He is a very standup guy, but I am not sure if he is going to leave the decision up to his sales manager or not. He did this as a personal favor to me as well as the Z06 that I currently have. I will ask what his plans are and PM you with the answer good or bad.