General General forums for the GTR community.

Down Payments??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 02:03 PM

Down Payments??

Anyone here have downpayments on the GTR as of this moment? how much did they tell you would be the estimated price?

I've heard of this happening SO, i'm starting this thread to prevent anyone from paying TOO MUCH.

post away
Old 06-19-2007, 01:55 PM
GTR Member

A nice thought but...

Since each dealer is individually owned and operated they can charge whatever they want. Also since each dealer is likely only to get one GTR initially and until production increases, your suggestion likely won't help much.

Down payments, waiting lists, signed agreements, etc... really mean nothing. Until you have a signed sales contract for a particular vehicle with build/allocation numbers you really have nothing.

The dealer will likely want to get the first GTR to their dealer and let it sit to draw the public to the showroom and waiting sales people. They will only sell it when someone wants to meet their astronomically high mark-up.

... and thus history repeats itself again, and again.

-AL
Old 06-28-2007, 11:18 AM

I'm #2 on the waiting list at my local dealership. I had to put a $1,000 deposit (fully refundable). I asked about pricing and they said they really have no idea but they estimated it at about $55-75k.

Another dealer I went to said I shouldn't put a deposit down and its just a waste of my money. This dealer gave me a completely different story. Anyhow, hopefully I get my GT-R as soon as it is released.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:48 PM

i've gotten different stories from different dealers as well...i finally found one though that actually knew alot about the gt-r coming out and they even put me on a waiting list with no down payment required
Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by altimatech
i've gotten different stories from different dealers as well...i finally found one though that actually knew alot about the gt-r coming out and they even put me on a waiting list with no down payment required
Wow, lucky! Did they give you a # where you are on the waiting list? I'd try to get that in writing this way they can't screw you over when the car comes in. congrats, you're going to be driving one of the sickest cars on the road.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:24 AM

well from what they said i was either the second or third person to ask to be put on the list so im assuming thats the spot i hold. i know for sure i do have a spot though cause i actually got a message on my answering machine when i got home last night from them asking me to call cause they had some information for me, i cant wait to find out what information that is
Old 06-30-2007, 09:54 PM
GTR Member

The list you are referring to is merely the order in which the salesman will make calls to prospetive buyers.

The call will likely go something like this:

Salesman -- "Hi, we finally have our allocation for one GTR. The MSRP is $70k and we are adding a $15k (insert your own number here if you like) dealer mark-up."

You -- "Wow! That's pretty steep."

Salesman -- " Come on down and take a look at the brochuer, it's quite nice. In the mean time I'll be calling the next guy on the list. Best hurry on down. First buyer with money gets the car. Have a nice day."

Let the games begin.

-AL
Old 07-02-2007, 07:43 AM

well im not gonna be one of the first anyways seeing as i want to see how the first run of gt-r's does as far as bugs. im gonna be waiting a few months before i actually get one just to make sure and probably test drive one before i actually decide to purchase it.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:12 AM

I learned from past experience to never buy a first year model.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:47 PM
GTR Member

I've had my deposit down on one for quite some time now.

Quick Reply: Down Payments??