General General forums for the GTR community.

Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 2008NissanGTR
Yup, I'm very excited about this car. Although I still feel like it will be slightly behind the Vette Z06 in terms of performance, it will make up for it in its technology, refinement, and practicality. The back seats are a must for me. Plus the fact that AWD makes such a difference when talking about these high output cars. The Z06 is a b!tch to launch on the street. My dad used to have a 997 Turbo and even with the 500tq I could still launch the thing damn hard and get to 60 under 4 seconds. I'm expecting the same with the GT-R.

I agree with most of what you have said and I think we still have to wait as far as performance numbers go. On the street a AWD car does have an advantage in a drag race. On a track with slicks the RWD gets the lower 60 fts.

One thing that I have to say though is don't beleive everything you read in auto mags or on forums. I also own a 710whp Evo and all the people over on Evom always make the same statement " Corvettes are hard to launch or they just sit there and spin. NOT TRUE! First off most of the people that say that haven't driven one to any extent but just like AWD or any car with lots of power you have to learn how to drive them to get the most out of the car.....it takes lots of practice...the more power the more practice! My RWD C6 Z06 is much different to launch than the Evo but I can get it out of the hole without a lot of drama or crazy wheel spin.

I agree, I think the GT-R will be much like the Evo as it shares an AWD platform but weight, gearing and drivetrain will play into the mix. If the GT-R can match the 997TT or better yet the GT3 then it will be a real performance bargin and great platform to build off of...which is what I intend to do. I beleive that the engine (block) in the GT-R will be very strong and will be a selling point to anybody that is looking to get more power out of it.....like me

Last edited by 08Skygtr; 06-29-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by 08Skygtr
...it will be a real performance bargin and great platform to build off of...which is what I intend to do. I beleive that the engine (block) in the GT-R will be very strong and will be a selling point to anybody that is looking to get more power out of it.....like me
Exactly. If this thing is anything like the past Skylines then there is no way I'm leaving it stock. I still want to keep it for street/daily driver use but I want to tune it so that I can blow the doors off of virtually anything I feel like.