General General forums for the GTR community.

'09 GTR track car

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:55 PM

'09 GTR track car

Forums are alittle slow, so i'll make post to show off the GTR getting preped at the cage shop.
This GTR is track only, and trust me it has seen its share of track time already with much more to come.
Most recent pic: (about a month old)
Name:  GTRcageshop.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  48.0 KB

a few snap shots from last year at Road America:
Name:  IMG_1066.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  35.6 KB
Name:  IMG_1064.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  36.3 KB
Name:  IMG_1041.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  33.6 KB

We're picking the car up tomorow from South Side Performance and will be heading straight up to Brainerd International Raceway for alittle test and tune with the new chasis and suspension changes. Enjoy!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 PM

You know, ya'll can reply if you want.... Dont be affraid.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:08 PM

I know many of this other gtr owner are very shy. I used to be an mitsubishi evolution owner and was on evolutionm.net and i got would get tons of info and replies. Your GTR looks like a beast.. Any ideas of the weight and hp its pushing? Track times? What mods on your car.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by neweragtr
I know many of this other gtr owner are very shy. I used to be an mitsubishi evolution owner and was on evolutionm.net and i got would get tons of info and replies. Your GTR looks like a beast.. Any ideas of the weight and hp its pushing? Track times? What mods on your car.

Right, i too am a member of other car forums, which tend to see more activity. Unfortunatly this GTR is not mine, I guess on par, the owner dosent visit internet chat forums... heh.
i service the car track side. Though it is a track only car, the mod list is quite extensive.

Full penske suspension, complete adjustible camber arm setup (not sure the brand name), it has been worked by South Side Performance quite a bit. It has SSP's turbo's, external trans cooler and external upgraded oil cooler, SSP's upgraded intercoolers, a number of internal trans parts including upgraded clutch's. Upgraded fuel injectors. It's running hoosier 335/30-18's on all four corners on light wieght aluminum racing wheels (forget the brand name). Interior is fully gutted and it has a NASA certified roll cage and required saftey equipment.

It's on the dyno as i type this, shooting for 600awhp (was 570awhp), with driver and full fuel the car wieghs ~3550. This hp/wght should be on the high end for ST1/STR1 in NASA competition.

Last Oct at the NASA national's held at Road America in Elk Heart Lake, Wi. Jon set the STR1 single lap record with a 2:23.xx.
Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by PaulOlave
I used to be an mitsubishi evolution owner and was on evolutionm.net and i got would get tons of info and replies. Your GTR looks like a beast.. Any ideas of the weight and hp its pushing? Track times? What mods on your car.
Yeah, it's not mine, i'm track tech. Race ready wieght is ~3600lbs (driver+fuel) to race in class we're restricted to ~550whp. Jon holds a few records, at road america, he ran a 2:23.8 for an STR-1 NASA record. The GTR also holds the SU and ST1 NASA record at Brainerd International Race way in MN at 1:38.xx

We've been down all summer with a blowen engine... but come Oct, it's awn!!!