General General forums for the GTR community.

::*Prices on 3 GTR's at my local dealer*::

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:20 PM

::*Prices on 3 GTR's at my local dealer*::

So I went to my local Nissan dealer to see if they had any GTR's. Sure enough, they have 3 of them!
The manager came out and I asked if they were for sale @ MSRP. He said "no". I asked "well how much over then?" He went on to tell me that Nissan just raised the MSRP by about $7,000. Although the price increase was not reflected on the window stickers of these cars at the dealer.

My first question to all of you is:

Is the price increase true?
If so, would that mean the dealer paid the increase on these cars in particular, even though it does not reflect the price increase on the window stickers of these cars. (the sticker on these is $73k and some change.
He told me he could sell for $81k, and possibly $80k.

Is this a fair price?
And more importantly, do you think they did get these cars at the original $73k, or did they have to pay the new premium?
I would think the price increase from Nissan would take effect after a certain date, and not apply for existing orders or allocations before the announced increase from Nissan.
Thanks for your help.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:57 PM
GTR Member

First, try not to type in all bold. Second, yes it is true that Nissan raise the price. If the car is already at the lot, then no, they didn't pay the increase but you can bet they will pass it on to you regardless. If you want to place an order, you WILL have to pay the new msrp.

If you think about, its almost pointless as you won't be able to get the car under $80K anyway due to the markup.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by ultima00
First, try not to type in all bold. Second, yes it is true that Nissan raise the price. If the car is already at the lot, then no, they didn't pay the increase but you can bet they will pass it on to you regardless. If you want to place an order, you WILL have to pay the new msrp.

If you think about, its almost pointless as you won't be able to get the car under $80K anyway due to the markup.
First off, thanks for your input. Not sure why posting this in bold would offend you, but to each his own. I find the print on this forum harder to see, which is why I did that.
I think I will offer a couple thousand over invoice since they have 3 sitting there and the economy is in the dumps.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:07 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by GT-R OWNER2B?
First off, thanks for your input. Not sure why posting this in bold would offend you, but to each his own. I find the print on this forum harder to see, which is why I did that.
I think I will offer a couple thousand over invoice since they have 3 sitting there and the economy is in the dumps.
Lol, no it doesn't offend me. I think the lowest I've seen the GTR go is about $5k over MSRP at a Texas dealer, but I don't know how credible it is though (just a forum member claims).

The thing about the economy is, dealers know its a high demand car and that it would sell eventually. Rare and high demand cars typically arn't affected by the slow economy.

Good luck to you
Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 PM

Lol, no it doesn't offend me. I think the lowest I've seen the GTR go is about $5k over MSRP at a Texas dealer, but I don't know how credible it is though (just a forum member claims).

The thing about the economy is, dealers know its a high demand car and that it would sell eventually. Rare and high demand cars typically arn't affected by the slow economy.

Good luck to you
Yeah, I understand its a high demand car, but this dealer has 3 sitting and there are over 200 on Auto trader.
It almost seems most people are tired of getting gouged by the dealers and not stepping up as much to pay over sticker.
I guess I'll just play the game and wait and see what happens.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM

There are 3 GTR's sitting at the local stealership near here and they're waiting for big money for their Nissan GREEDS.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:44 AM

Two sitting at my local dealer, both on ebay for $85k reserve not met.
We are interested. Just not enough to pay over MSRP. I can wait a couple months and see what the economy does.
I agree that this type of vehicle isn't totally dependant on the economy but they are all hurting too much to let anything sit for long.

Jeff-
Old 11-09-2008, 07:35 PM

Same here. Tons of them on Ebay. A few actually just have buy-it-now of under $80K, so that would be $5K to $8K over. I can wait another 6 weeks and it will be end of year sale for virtually all cars from all dealers.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:48 AM
GTR Member

You can get them under 80K in fact there was a few dealerships that sold at sticker 73540 plus doc fees and etc totaling little over 74K back in the first 2 months of release but their all sold. I'm not going to say which dealerships were selling it for that as I called 60 or more of them all across the US looking for ones that sell at msrp. There were a few recently on ebay selling for 77-78K BIN price.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:56 AM

The MSRP of the Premium trim is going to $79,090. Hope this helps.

I am having my 911 appraised today, and am going to shoot for the $79K number for a car they have on the lot. If I can't get it, I'll walk away.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/05/n...-nearly-7-000/

Quick Reply: ::*Prices on 3 GTR's at my local dealer*::