Engine & Turbo Tech | Engine Management | Tranny Tech Technical talk about Factory, Aftermarket Turbo'd Applications, Motor related topics, Engine Management, and Transmission.

APEXi FC COMMANDER PRO CONNECT Laptop

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:54 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by >_<
well said. also some people dislike e-manage because its piggyback, what is your opinion?

I'm not really into them myself either with RB's there just to much going on so i think you need a full standalone for RB's. Especially if you want higher than 500hp. For just about the same price of e-manage you could get another complete standalone .

I'm personaly have never gotten a chance to play with one or talk to anyone that has one on there GT-R.

Everyone I know that has had then on other cas, had tunning issues.

Last edited by Real GTR; 11-15-2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:43 AM

Cool

Hi there, there has been a bit of misinformation in this thread.

Apexi does sell a product which is a cable that attaches to a Power FC or Power FC Pro to a laptop and allows you to tune tables more easily that way called the Pro Connect.

However this product is not as capable as FC-Datalogit "From what I have heard"

I am not sure if it is available in an English version although I have confirmed it is sold in NZ so I'm about 90% sure that you could purchase an English version in NZ or Austrailia, etc.

well said. also some people dislike e-manage because its piggyback, what is your opinion?
Its my personal opinion that piggybacks are worth their weight in dog ****. I am by no means super experianced in tuning but it doesn't take much knowledge to see the logic in a standalone, once you spend any amount of time tuning cars the limitations associated with piggybacks becomes extremely apparant, whether you are trying to tune a 250whp Honda or a 500whp Nissan. I would never use anything "less" than a PowerFC on any car. IMO, the next step up is a plug & play fully capable unit like an AEM (which does provide significant advantages over the Power FC) and after that, you are in the big boys $$$ league.

I hate to put a ballpark whp number on when to go with certain engine management options. I would never put a piggyback on anything, because the goal of any EMS is to run an engine correctly at all RPMs and loads, optimize fueling and ignition timing at all points, and that is something that is usually not possible to do with a piggyback.

Anyways, take everything I say with a grain of salt, I do not consider myself an expert on the subject, but I have taken the time to educate myself on a few issues If you are interested in learning more on EMS then check out www.efi101.com.

Sam
Old 01-09-2006, 08:06 PM
GTR Senior Member

Your right on the Pro Connect, but it isn't available/ hasen't been realised here in the states yet. From what i was told there is only a Japanese version. It retails for around the same price as the Datalogic.

It basicaly let's you see everything that's on the comander's screen but on your laptop. It's not really software it just helps you use what's already there.

Is AEM plug and play now? Last time I looked into it there were still having to hard wire it.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:56 PM

AEM says that it is plug and play, I dont believe that it is, unless they are including different conversion harnesses with the ECUs. I troll their forums and there isn't too much to pick up on their Skyline products. Their website lists everything as a new release.

89-98 RB26DETT 30-1621
89-94 RB20DET 30-1621
93-98 RB25DET 30-1621
99-03 RB26DETT 30-1623

All the models are available with or without their wideband, tack a "U" onto the end of the part number along with an additional $500 to the MSRP for any of the units of $2,335.60.

aempower.com
Old 01-14-2006, 02:26 AM

Sorry, i was wrong about my last post haha

i guess i am also spreading misinfo

I went back to AEM's forums recently and they have a whole section: goto www.aempower.com click the rightmost, scroll down to Nissan: "Nissan Skyline/300ZX/Maxima
Everything specific to the 30-1620, 30-1621, and 30-1623 EMS."

I guess the new skyline boxes are all P'nP and are being used with great sucess

I highly encourage anyone interested in a standalone to visit the AEM forums and also www.kismo.dk he is a user on AEM forum who's posted up pictures and videos on his homepage.

Last edited by SamuraiSam; 01-14-2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:39 AM

yeha plug in play is a plus
Old 06-21-2006, 12:34 PM

Has anybody of you experience with Autronic ECU's?
I wanna know more about the reliabilty and the setup.

Derby
Old 07-10-2006, 11:18 AM
GTR Senior Member

Also one thing about the PFC it can only control up too 6 injectors the HKS can control up too 12.