Engine & Turbo Tech | Engine Management | Tranny Tech Technical talk about Factory, Aftermarket Turbo'd Applications, Motor related topics, Engine Management, and Transmission.

APEXi FC COMMANDER PRO CONNECT Laptop

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 09:45 PM

APEXi FC COMMANDER PRO CONNECT Laptop

G'day,

I want to buy the software "APEXi FC COMMANDER PRO CONNECT Laptop
PC". I want the english version if possible. If there is no english version, do you know how I can get one and how much?

We already have Power FC and commander to suit an R33 GTR. We are also looking at Data Logit as well, if anyone out there has experience and has been down this road, please advise, it will be much appreciated,

Thanks KG
Old 08-19-2005, 07:36 AM
GTR Senior Member

The only thing you can get is the Datalogic software.

Apex will not sell you the Excel software unless your an Excel dealer. I've tried i even have friends that work there and they won't let me get a copy of it.

The datalogic software will be cheaper any way. (around 400.00 last time i checked)
and u can still use a laptop.

If you still want the FC software you can try and find a pireted copy but you don't really know what your getting and if it has everything.

How much HP are you going to be pushing?

Last edited by Real GTR; 08-19-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:19 PM

G'day mate,

Thanks for the reply. We're talking 600HP, its capable of much higher figures but we're keeping it down. We've ordered the datalogit so I guess we'll wait and see if it does the job,

Thanks again, KG
Old 08-22-2005, 08:45 PM
GTR Senior Member

Cool'

Just to let you know in case you didn't, the power FC can only hold 1 map in memory at a time so when you run race gas you have to reset the FC and load in the new map. And then again when you switch back to pump gas.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll let you know how we go
Old 11-08-2005, 12:21 AM
>_<

600hp is probably on the limits of the power fc's capabilities.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:45 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by >_<
600hp is probably on the limits of the power fc's capabilities.
Actually you incorect the regular Power FC box is only limited to the MAF's so if you have the 300z MAF's the most you can get out of the standard Power FC box is around 849 ish.

Apex also has an D-jetro box that changes everything to pressure sensors and it has almost no limits other than the map issue . Which is only being able to hold 1 map at a time. The D-Jetro will support 900+ hp and above.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:49 PM
>_<

I did not meen limitations as far as the AFMs and i should have explained myself properly . I meant to say that the power fc is not as an advanced unti as say an F-CON or MoTeC. It can still tune it but it would be easier with one of the others. As an example the scoot quad rotor is making about 400 horsepower and it has reached the limits of the power fc. I dont know if this is a very good example though because it uses two power fcs and is a completely different engine to an rb26.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:38 PM
GTR Senior Member

The F-Con and Motec are better boxes they do have some draw backs. I would not say that there easier. Just better.

The F-Con and Motec don't offer user interface without a laptop and required software which is very had to get.

So if you a customer with either box, unless you take your car back to the tuner each and every time an adjustment needs to be made your stuck with the maps that are in the F-Con or Motec box.

The Power-FC and the Greddy E-manage let you make changes from the comfort of your driver's seat. Which comes in handy on track day when you have to adjust for humidity and different pressure in the elevation.

Yeah that is a bad example too the FC is car specific. It's very difficult to hard wire it and have it work on a car it wasn't designed to work on.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:24 PM
>_<

Originally Posted by Real GTR
The F-Con and Motec are better boxes they do have some draw backs. I would not say that there easier. Just better.

The F-Con and Motec don't offer user interface without a laptop and required software which is very had to get.

So if you a customer with either box, unless you take your car back to the tuner each and every time an adjustment needs to be made your stuck with the maps that are in the F-Con or Motec box.

The Power-FC and the Greddy E-manage let you make changes from the comfort of your driver's seat. Which comes in handy on track day when you have to adjust for humidity and different pressure in the elevation.

Yeah that is a bad example too the FC is car specific. It's very difficult to hard wire it and have it work on a car it wasn't designed to work on.
well said. also some people dislike e-manage because its piggyback, what is your opinion?

Quick Reply: APEXi FC COMMANDER PRO CONNECT Laptop