West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Chino Hills Meet, Eat, Cruise - May 31st

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:03 PM

Chino Hills Meet, Eat, Cruise - May 31st

I and a buddy of mine, both Supra owners, are planning a meet like we've never done before. How so? Well, we did a Chino Hills meet once before and kept it Supras only to get a feel to what the turn out would be like. With it's success of over 30 Supras and a beautiful NSX, we knew right away that we'd need to step it up and extend the meet to other car enthusiests. One of the main groups we wanted to extend an invite to would be the GTR owners. We absolutely love the cars and so far the owners I've had the pleasure of meeting have been great company. One thing we wanted to make sure of is to express that this is NOT a Supra meet. I attend these enough and I don't really care to see a bunch of Supras only. It gets a little old. I'd love to see a great mixture of cars however. The Block was a great sight but I think we can do better.

What the meet includes is roped off parking for those participating at the meet. The parking will be organized and you'll be able to park with your group. We just feel that it compliments the car a lot more this way. Also, we'll be providing security to cover the area while you're eating. So far we've managed to work out a discount with Lucilles BBQ for 20% off and a sectioned off area for just us to eat and BJ's is willing to have a buffet provided for us as well. I personally would pick Lucilles BBQ over BJ's any day but please give me some feedback on your thoughts. After the meet, whoever wants to participate in the cruise can join us as we head up to GMR into Mt. Baldy. Last time we went into Azusa Canyon we went the wrong direction (I was leading and had never been before) and came to a dead end but managed to get some AMAZING photos of about 18 Supras lined up and parked nicely in the middle of the street. It was a great day. This cruise will be no different in the sense that we'll be getting some amazing photos and enjoying a great drive. The difference here is, a couple magazine companies have shown a lot of interest in this meet and are asking if they can cover it. Naturally we'll be inviting them so that we can all enjoy talking to eachother, maybe snap a few photos, and enjoy the rest of our day. I figure this way we can leave the work of really covering all the gorgeous cars to a professional. I'll be keeping this thread updated as more information comes out and keeping the list of people attending updated as well from all the areas we've extended an invite. I'm really excited to see some gorgeous GTR's out there.

Oh and I forgot to mention. Cops won't be an issue at all. That's one of my biggest fears is cops since I've already had one state ref ticket. My buddy who is planning the meet has talked to the owners of the shopping center and they are fully aware of this meet and are the ones allowing us to section off an area for parking. The cruise will be covered as well. We protect the guys with mods by making sure the stock guys are behind them and I believe we'll be having a cop following us who is a friend of my buddy Iggy.

Sunday May 31st
Time: 11am-3PM- Cruise after

Here's the list so far for people who are in:

NSXprime.com
tpagannsx
lazynok
scorp965

Supraforums:
IggySupra
Jason
SupraJoey
Petru
bpusupra
Tony
JessSupra
Johnny
Bad4urHeart
boywiththeaznsmile
Boon
Patrick+1
DarkAngel (HKS twins)
supra400hptt
etgzj2 +1
Phil
junt
socalmk1
buckweed
JzPower&Associates
benchwarmer
CRS Dynamic
rmjdrift
ka0tic07
speedracer
Octavio-StarletGTT
Sam-gotpball
TOYMR2TRD
Michael Rickman

Maybe:
miss_supra95
truc
Matt

Corvetteforum
RyneZ06
bahn112
2MMFZ06
Savior1974 +1
Keith N
alcgomez
c5chris
djgcue
djdinoe
Ed718
03redZ06

My350Z.com
John Bronze
350Z GTS
m0nkie
M6SXTZ
RRMikey
daniel723

Lotustalk.com
SleazyE
Lawy'du
POSSIBLY:
plastique999
esoteric
ZJchaser

RX7Club
wan
realchicken
ilikeeatpoo
Roy1928
TheAbsense
DivinDriver
MaczPayne
ahrut
drifter403
Redbaron7**(95 FD)

ClubLexus
shanesc400
MAYBE
Puredrifter

Last edited by lazysan; 04-20-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 PM

list updated
Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM

Hey guys, if you could assist me. I'm not sure if the views are there with no post because there's no interest or if you are considering it but just haven't posted. If you're at least considering, please please let me know. We are trying to make sure we rope off enough parking to accomidate everyone and if a group of people show up and we weren't expecting it, it'll be a very big headache which I hope to avoid. Thanks so much
Old 04-20-2010, 12:36 AM

I am in..I am new to the forums...

My GTR
Attached Thumbnails Chino Hills Meet, Eat, Cruise - May 31st-de79ed76-753a-4553-934d-11311f3a017d.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by SamuraiGTR
I am in..I am new to the forums...

My GTR
Thanks for the interest sir but I apologize. You're a year late. This all took place last May. There wasn't a single GTR that showed which was just fine. We still had an amazing turn out with over 100 cars ranging from NSX's to Supras to Porsches and more. Perhaps I will put something similar together again and if so I will contact you through PM. The GTR crowd is clearly not interested and so I won't waste any further efforts in including them in what could be a great meet.

Jason.