Video Found a video with the GTR in it? Post it here.

Autocar Gtr Vs Gt3 Vs M3

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 PM
GTR Member

Autocar Gtr Vs Gt3 Vs M3

Interesting compare. I will be on the look out for more. ENJOY!

Last edited by spt; 02-26-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 PM
GTR Member

Part 2 to the video

Last edited by spt; 02-26-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:27 AM
GTR Senior Member

That's a pretty sweet video series. I liked the details and the rational comparisons. I think that the GTR's stats are really impressive. I liked the mini veyron comparison.

At the same time, the GT3 seems like more of a driver's car. Sure, they all have ton's of technology and its impossible to get completely away from it, but as always, it's down to what the buyer is seeking.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:24 PM
GTR Senior Member

I'm surprised that the 911 hasn't moved to one of the versions of paddle transmissions...I guess they've purposely left it as a manual tranny.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:43 PM
GTR Senior Member

I'm surprised that the 911 hasn't moved to one of the versions of paddle transmissions...I guess they've purposely left it as a manual tranny.

certainly more purist, at the same time, i'd agree that it's surprising that they don't offer it
Old 02-25-2008, 09:41 PM
GTR Member

I really liked this video, it was just cool to see the GTR in action.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:53 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748
certainly more purist, at the same time, i'd agree that it's surprising that they don't offer it
They are the most profitable sports car companies in the world, i think they have it figured out pretty well. Though i did here that they are going to be making a new gearbox to "combat" the GTR, of course thats just a rumor.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:39 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Oglethorp
They are the most profitable sports car companies in the world, i think they have it figured out pretty well. Though i did here that they are going to be making a new gearbox to "combat" the GTR, of course thats just a rumor.
Sure they're one of the most profitable sports car companies (if not the most profitable)...but nearly every other supercar is offering new improved (faster)trannies; in time they will change, I'm just surprised they didn't come up with these gearboxes for consumer cars in the first place.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:12 PM
GTR Senior Member

Sure they're one of the most profitable sports car companies (if not the most profitable)...but nearly every other supercar is offering new improved (faster)trannies; in time they will change, I'm just surprised they didn't come up with these gearboxes for consumer cars in the first place.

it's only a matter of time. BMW is the first mass market implementar of the technology that I can think of with SMGII in the e46 m3. Others did it before, but those cars were very high end.

Sure, SMGII is different than a dual clutch system, but now it's available in the VW GTi, surely porsche will have some sort of offering

at the same time, i know that they offer most of their cars with the automatic tiptronic transmission, this is the same thing found in audi's

maybe they have done market research and they've found that buyers want either manuals, or they go for the lower end cars in automatics..

if they're losing out on a large chunk of the market share because they're not offering advanced transmissions, i'm sure they'll figure it out soon enough
Old 02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748
it's only a matter of time. BMW is the first mass market implementar of the technology that I can think of with SMGII in the e46 m3. Others did it before, but those cars were very high end.

Sure, SMGII is different than a dual clutch system, but now it's available in the VW GTi, surely porsche will have some sort of offering

at the same time, i know that they offer most of their cars with the automatic tiptronic transmission, this is the same thing found in audi's

maybe they have done market research and they've found that buyers want either manuals, or they go for the lower end cars in automatics..

if they're losing out on a large chunk of the market share because they're not offering advanced transmissions, i'm sure they'll figure it out soon enough
I agree 100%

Quick Reply: Autocar Gtr Vs Gt3 Vs M3