R32 | R33 | R34 Talk about R32, R33, & R34 topics in here.

projector headlights?

Old 07-10-2006, 09:11 PM

projector headlights?

i seem to see almost every year R32 GT-R with and without the projector low beams. it may be a stupid question, but can someone tell me what determines which cars have the projectors and which don't? i don't think it's a model year thing...
Old 07-10-2006, 11:57 PM
GTR Senior Member

there are 3 types of headlamps for the R32. i think i posted a thing about this in the Arcane Knowledge Thread. it would be a more recent post. one of last pages i think. i will check later. or you can. it's late and i'm going to bed.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:43 PM

found it!

there are 3 types of headlights for the R32 GTR; they are as follows:

N1= N1 spec GTRs
projector "bugeye" 1- came in older model R32s
projector "bugeye" 2- came in newer model R32s

bug type older model takes an H3C bulb
newer model r32's take H1/H4 bulbs

you're the man. so basically, the non-bugeyes are all N1's?
Old 07-11-2006, 04:57 PM
GTR Senior Member

correct.

and i believe that the non-projector types are N1s because they actually throw more light, as the N1 spec GTR is for down-and-dirty racing conditions only. she has no air conditioner, no rear glass wiper, bigger brakes (yikes, i think), and a few other things to beef her up. oh yes, the N1s had the Nismo aero kit i'm nearly certain. it's a cool machine, but i'd rather have the a/c and rear wiper. just my preference. my R32 has an N1 rear "boot lid." but the car itself is standard GTR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.