R32 | R33 | R34 Talk about R32, R33, & R34 topics in here.

Mines r34 vs Amuse Supra

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:12 AM
GTR Senior Member

willow springs, LACR, buttonwillow. to auto-x events. all track. that is where you can actually drive the GTR to it's potential anyway. not the street. besides, i'd never ****ing drive the GTR for daily driving even if it were 100% legal. forget it. she'd be a sunday driver only. and i'd take it to the track anyway.

people ought to sort of fall out love with the idea of driving an older GTR legally in america. just forget it. the cops are on to them. and they can give you hell for it. in time you will be able to. but for now, with the recent fall of MotorEx and the jailing of the owner, GTR = trouble ---even if the car was previously legalized, they will pull you over anyway and attempt to take the car from you.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:44 PM
GTR Member

man, if i had my way i'd jave an R33 for my daily ride and my and sweetly tuned R34 M-spec Nur for the track. damn im dreaming...someday!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 PM
GTR Senior Member

collect the die casts.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:55 PM

It might be a bit late to point this out (the thread being about one year old), but the Mine's BNR34 was built almost with all emphasis on response, not power. It's got about 600 BHP if memory serves me right, which is about the max power output of the HKS 2530 turbochargers.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
GTR Senior Member

600bhp seems pretty powerful to me. the video of it has the drivers in shock and in fear for their lives.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:36 PM

600 BHP is powerful (at least in my book), make no mistake about it! But compared to what some other tuners get out of the engines of Skyline GT-R's and Supra MkIV TT's, it's not that much. Don't get me wrong, I'd be very pleased if I got my car pushing that sort of figure...
Old 07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
GTR Senior Member

but then beyond 600hp, you're going for pure ego. it cannot possibly be for anything more than that. the car will not be reliable. and unless you are building a DRAG RACING car, it's pointless for GT racing. after a certain point, the car will no longer be a pleasure to drive; big HP numbers do not mean that you are better.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:50 PM
GTRForums Guru

Originally Posted by Alecci
600 BHP is powerful (at least in my book), make no mistake about it! But compared to what some other tuners get out of the engines of Skyline GT-R's and Supra MkIV TT's, it's not that much. Don't get me wrong, I'd be very pleased if I got my car pushing that sort of figure...
I think its more like the tuners are quoting exaggerated numbers to bring in the customers.

800 hp in a GTR should put the car in the low 9s. Even here in England I heard some guys tell they are pushing 800, but the time slips (trap speeds) show 600. Trap speed is a much beter indicator of what the car is actually making, not some dyno hp friendly numbers to make the customer feel good about the money they just spent.

That is why I build my own.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:57 PM
GTR Senior Member

right, but you're talking about 1/4 times. a "track car" can mean 2 entirely different things. a car built for GT racing is NOT the same as a DRAG car. 2 different planets.

the "1300HP" cars are for drag racing. nobody races those cars on a road course.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:06 PM

How and to what stage you tune a car is more often than not purpouse specific, if I'm not mistaken. 400 BHP should be sufficient for most street cars, 600 BHP is often quoted as a good figure for GT track cars, while the drag cars tend to know no boundraries.

I totally agree with you that more than 600 BHP would be quite useless in a car built for GT track racing. A car with more than that would also make little sense on a common road or street.

Big HP numbers might mean that you're better... If you're into drag racing.

I am not, however, so 600 BHP would be good enough for me. At least once I get experience handling the car on a track.

Quick Reply: Mines r34 vs Amuse Supra