Off-Topic Anything goes in here.

Die-cast and Other Collectibles Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:34 PM
GTR Senior Member

i was wondering where in the hell the 1:18 R32 GT-Rs were. man, finally.

so, apparently they have not yet even been made. until now. or soon. so Biante, Kyosho, and Auto Art will all make versions of the 1:18 R32? so when it rains, it pours.

since the R32 is my favorite, i will probably get every version of the new 1:18s.
as well, where are the 1:18 R33 GT-Rs? i have never seen any of those. nor have i ever
seen to date a 1:18 KPGC10 or C110. and those are bad a$$ cars. so i don't understand why
there are not any.

as for me, i do not collect in the way you do. i do not, at least at present, go for every single version and color of the same make. i get maybe one or two that i really like. and then buy something else, like the R31s. and the KPGC10. i sort of specialize. my car gluttony does not require i have every piece. so, instead, i have a sizable but eclectic hoard. i tend to have a lot of cars in general from a myriad of manufacturers. like chevy, dodge, ford, plymouth, datsun.
i am skewed to Skyline, though.

the upcoming 1:18 Gunmetal R32 GT-R is just exciting. next best thing to having a real one, i'd say.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:25 PM
GTR Member

Biante are not manufacturing these cars. I saw the pics that were posted on the Biante forums. Only Kyosho and AutoArt are making the cars. These are the most anticipated releases for me, for many years.

As to the R33 in 1:18 - I am unaware of any plans by any manufacturers to produce this car in this scale. I heard a whisper a few years back that Kyosho were going to do one, but that lack of response (even within the home market of Japan!) cancelled the project. But this could just be heresay.

As the KPGC10, Kyosho have already made them in road and race versions in both 1:43 and 1:18. They are quite common.
See: http://www.kyosho-minicar.com/original/1_18/04.html
Item #'s: 08121S, 08121W, and the race cars: 08122R, 08122B. Do a search for online diecast stockists near you, and try these numbers and/or search terms.

I believe that the C110 is also being made by AutoArt in 1:18.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-RKPGC110a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-RKPGC110b.jpg

Cheers!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:45 PM
GTR Senior Member

thank you, thank you for those links. i have been searching for the 1:18 C10 for ages. now i can get it. that means a lot. cheers to you, mate.

and the 1:18 C110, finally, is coming. that is probably my favorite vintage incarnation of the GT-R.

i agree with you there about the coming of the 1:18 OEM versions of the R32 GT-Rs. i have wanted those for years, and never quite understood why they were not offered long ago. yet there is an overabundance of R34 GT-R models, in any and every scale.

and the lack of a 1:18 R33 GT-R is appalling: KPGC10, C110, R32, R34 --no R33? i don't get it.

i noticed, too, on the kyosho-minicar.com page the Lancia Rally 037's. those are Group B cars -- fast as all hell breaking loose. i may pick one of those up (a 1:18 version). those have a very aggressive design.

by the way, i like your presentation of the models in the scaled racing tarmac environment. that's neato.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:33 PM
GTR Member

Thanks! That diorama was made with some cheap bits and pieces one can get from any hardware store. It looks pretty effective, doesn't it? I just wish i was really good, then my photos would look even better...

No worries about the links. They are hard to find because the C110 and R32 haven't yet been made, so it is a matter of keeping one's ear to the ground and finding prototype pictures whenever they crop up. I am glad I could be of some use.

I have to say, we are the only ones active on this entire forum. Where is everyone else?
Old 08-02-2005, 06:47 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ajrichar
Thanks! That diorama was made with some cheap bits and pieces one can get from any hardware store. It looks pretty effective, doesn't it? I just wish i was really good, then my photos would look even better...

No worries about the links. They are hard to find because the C110 and R32 haven't yet been made, so it is a matter of keeping one's ear to the ground and finding prototype pictures whenever they crop up. I am glad I could be of some use.

I have to say, we are the only ones active on this entire forum. Where is everyone else?
indeed on all counts.

you did great on the scaled enviroment. it inspires me. what is the faux asphalt?

two heads, or more, are better than one, often, in tracking down things i suppose. we all have our own tricks and ways to info.

about the lack of diversity here: i know damn well that car collecting cannot possibly be that rare. maybe the type of forum traffic that makes it here is not into collecting. or maybe the thread is invisible, as it is in off-topic. or maybe there is a general apathy. people ARE looking, as i keep track of the visit count. the number, actually, of those looking here is rising steadily and quickly compared to other threads. so there IS an interest. but not enough, i guess, to elicit original posts from others.

perhaps more people are into showing the world their own full-scaled car, and the gearhead work they have put into it. maybe model collecting is, then, looked down upon. but i don't see that to be entirely the case, as nearly every enthusiasts house or garage i've ever visited in my lifetime has car models and posters around the place.

i think the more pictures that make it in here, the more people will look and post. actual pictures to look at generate interest very rapidly, especially of full-scaled skylines. for example, in two days, you can see a thread started with new photos of an R33, and already there are 90 hits in one night to it.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:49 PM
GTR Senior Member

JGTC 2001 Test Car_ R34 GT-R

by Auto Art 1:18 --their models are highly detailed:
Attached Thumbnails Die-cast and Other Collectibles Thread-jgtc_r34_a.jpg   Die-cast and Other Collectibles Thread-jgtc_r34_b.jpg  
Old 08-02-2005, 08:09 PM
GTR Senior Member

JGTC 2001 Test Car_ R34 GT-R_wheel detail

a bit crap depth of field, blurred, but the wheel, rotor, and caliper details on Auto Art cars never fail to impress me:
Attached Thumbnails Die-cast and Other Collectibles Thread-jgtc_r34_c.jpg  
Old 08-03-2005, 05:08 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by bonzelite

you did great on the scaled enviroment. it inspires me. what is the faux asphalt?
Wet and dry sandpaper my friend. The only problem I found was that when you make a larger diorama, you need two or more sheets, and then of course you have the problem of a 'seam' showing where the two sheets sit together...

I concur about the remainder of your message. If there is a bit of traffic reading this thread, then I urge them to share their model cars and posters and assorted memorabilia.

I thank you bonzelite for posting up some pics of your cars. I don't have the R34 JGTC cars. I try to stick to road cars where possible... But it looks soooooo nice.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:14 PM
GTR Senior Member

my pleasure. i am going to post a lot more pretty soon. i need to get into the boxes and take care to remove them, place them, photo them, then put them right back. i have some goodies that you will appreciate.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:15 PM
GTR Senior Member

1:10 R32 Gt-r

this is one of my favorite scaled models, the R32 GT-R. radio-controlled (RC) car:
Attached Thumbnails Die-cast and Other Collectibles Thread-r32_1.10_a.jpg   Die-cast and Other Collectibles Thread-r32_1.10_b.jpg  

Quick Reply: Die-cast and Other Collectibles Thread