New Members & FAQ's New to the site? Look in here.

Is it true that GTR will be limited in U.S.??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 02:55 PM
GTR Senior Member

yeah, i met a dealer here in LA who collects Z's and Ferraris. and he's put a deposit down on the 1st GTR to be sold in Cali.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by bonzelite
yes.

You better make sure on this. About a week ago I spoke to Grubbs here in Dallas and was told that anyone taking deposits on this car is getting trick into something they can't garrantee. I would seriously hold off on a deposit for a car we don't even know what kind of heart it will have (Motor, Tranny, Etc...). Just my .02
Old 07-10-2006, 12:55 AM
GTR Senior Member

i would assume that Nissan USA would not want hundreds of lawsuits for fraud, then. you can truck right on down and slap that deposit right down. they will take your money. sure, you are gambling on the car in the sense that nobody knows what kind of car it will specifically be. we only know what she looks like. but not how she performs in bed
Old 07-10-2006, 02:03 PM

Ok I have my name down on one! WooHoo! Lets hope this car surpasses my expectations!
Old 07-16-2006, 02:23 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by tony
this would be the R36, not R35. The previous Skyline (G35 in the states) was the V35
hey, tony, i'm getting wind that the GTR will be called C36. so you were sort of correct. and i was more incorrect. yet i did say that they may "start over" and call it something entirley different, else why use the "R."

Old 07-16-2006, 09:15 PM
GTR Member

i'd prefer the R prefix better. i guess cuz im not used to the C yet...maybe in a few years...
Old 07-16-2006, 10:42 PM
GTR Senior Member

yeah, it does seem a bit weird. but i guess it will grow on us. things do change. but the chassis code, albeit a rumor, of BNC36 is very much akin to BCNR33. they're keeping the heritage going, definitely. i'm happy.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:23 AM

limited is bad.........meaning there will a HIGH MARK UP! BOO to mark ups!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 05:11 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by evsmotors
Are deposits being taken for GT-R orders yet?
only if you want to pay 20-30k dolla mark-ups....

-shahul
Old 08-29-2006, 08:12 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Spazpilot
You better make sure on this. About a week ago I spoke to Grubbs here in Dallas and was told that anyone taking deposits on this car is getting trick into something they can't garrantee. I would seriously hold off on a deposit for a car we don't even know what kind of heart it will have (Motor, Tranny, Etc...). Just my .02
As with the new ZO6, the dealers are merely taking deposites to secure a spot on a waiting list. If the car doesn't materialize, your money is returned.

Although, word to the wise. Look for a trusted dealer, as a number of the ZO6 guys got jerked around and led on by unreputable dealers.

-AL

Quick Reply: Is it true that GTR will be limited in U.S.??