New Members & FAQ's New to the site? Look in here.

Hello from GTRCanada.com!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:21 PM
J_Z

Hello from GTRCanada.com!

Hey Ali,

Glad to see things are going well here. The site looks fantastic!

My name's John, and I'm the owner/admin of GTRCanada.com, likely the largest GTR/Skyline enthusiast site in North America.

Canadians are fortunate to have a 15 year importation exemption which allows us to bring in any car that is over 15 years old. Since last spring (2004) we've been receiving hundreds of Skylines, 1990 and older. Our group up here have over 1000 members and are getting organized by regions. We have a great bunch and hope to see this forum grow as well. Who knows, maybe a joint pan-North American meet in the future?

As for myself, I live in the nation's capital city of Ottawa, and own a 1990 GT-R. Its pretty well as I have purchased it, save a few minor tweaks I've put in since taking possession of it in Jan/05. I am in the process of collecting parts and will have quite a different beast by next spring.

Once again, best wishes for this forum, and hope to contribute what I can to the community.

JZ
Admin, GTRC.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:50 AM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Welcome to the site JZ!

Thanks for the support.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:09 AM
GTR Member

Hi JZ,

I have registered on your forum - about a month ago - but have not received an email to activate my account. Could you please sort this.

Cheers

ps, I am registered using the same name as this site.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:10 PM
J_Z

OK, I will activate your account.

Our forums are accessible by members only, who come by either recommendation, or through a quick biographical email sent to us. It sounds elitist, but we found it necessary after a rush of 16 yr olds flooded our site with silly posts...

(go check your account now)
Old 06-13-2005, 12:47 AM
GTR Member

Works now, thanks mate.