New Members & FAQ's New to the site? Look in here.

Deposit on 08 GT-R

Old 03-04-2007, 01:12 AM
GTR Member

Deposit on 08 GT-R

New guy saying Hi.

Just put a deposit on 08 GT-R. Signed agreement at MSRP.

Not much info but Sales manager said he will send me updates as he gets them.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by 08Skygtr
New guy saying Hi.

Just put a deposit on 08 GT-R. Signed agreement at MSRP.

Not much info but Sales manager said he will send me updates as he gets them.

Nice !
Old 03-06-2007, 06:16 PM
GTR Member

Good for you!

Good luck with MSRP too. I would imagine that the first GTRs leaving any dealership will be well over MSRP.

Your dealer may gaurantee you MSRP, but that would likely put you in line behind eveyone who is willing to pay a premium over MSRP. Until you have in writing a build or allocation number for a GTR going to your dealership you don't have a thing.

-AL
Old 03-07-2007, 01:31 PM

Geez--already, huh
Old 03-09-2007, 07:04 AM
GTR Member

yea, im in the same boat, but im in no huge rush, im #2 on the list, but I can wait and be #4-5... I want a white or black one
Old 03-13-2007, 03:22 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by HellBent
Good for you!

Good luck with MSRP too. I would imagine that the first GTRs leaving any dealership will be well over MSRP.

Your dealer may gaurantee you MSRP, but that would likely put you in line behind eveyone who is willing to pay a premium over MSRP. Until you have in writing a build or allocation number for a GTR going to your dealership you don't have a thing.

-AL

You may be right. I had the same problem when I was trying to buy a 06 Z06. Got bumped off two different lists( out of my area ) because I wouldn't pay over MSRP. But I didn't have it in writing. I did finally find a local dealer that ordered me an 07 Z06 at MSRP and They did put it in writing!

On the GT-R I'm pretty confident in this dealer they are a very large dealer and they will get an allocation for at least 2 -3 GT-R's in the first year as I was told.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:31 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by shahulx
yea, im in the same boat, but im in no huge rush, im #2 on the list, but I can wait and be #4-5... I want a white or black one

I don't think they have any info on colors yet but I'm pretty sure of silver and black as we have seen those colors on the test mules. I'm also sure they will offer white.

To bad someone can't do a color image change on a MAC using different colors on the GT-R. Just for the fun of it. They did that on the Evom forum for the new upcoming Evo X and it is intresting how color can make a difference. Some people that didn't like the look of the X in the red that Mitsu was showing liked it after seening it in black white silver etc.

Wish I knew how to do it I would and post it.

good luck getting yours
Old 03-14-2007, 04:10 PM

To bad someone can't do a color image change on a MAC using different colors on the GT-R. Just for the fun of it.
There are p-shops out there, just not on THIS forum. However, with the youth of many of our members, I'm sure a photoshop of different colors and/or wheels could be started on this forum. Personally I'm too old to learn photoshop

Ryan
Old 03-16-2007, 12:21 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by rjhoskins
There are p-shops out there, just not on THIS forum. However, with the youth of many of our members, I'm sure a photoshop of different colors and/or wheels could be started on this forum. Personally I'm too old to learn photoshop

Ryan

ME TO
Old 10-26-2007, 01:27 PM

nice, just a bit of a warning (im a car salesman after all) be prepared for a huge negative rebate. also this vehicle MIGHT have some defects since its a first generation, the best thing to do is wait for the 2nd gen GTR's. but hey nice work on putting a deposit down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deposit on 08 GT-R