Motorsports and Track Time Talk about track times, driving techniques, or just general motorsport topics.

Need Calf. car to represent GTRs

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:29 PM

Need Calf. car to represent GTRs

Hi,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ed Kornegay and I’m the President of Checkered Flag Racing Association (CFRA). We are a private non-profit organization that organizes track and social events for our membership. We sponsor 6 or 7 track events each year at all Northern California tracks. We offer open track sessions as well as Time Trial Championships and Exhibition Race Championships.

I’m not posting to try and convince you to switch your open track club. There are many excellent track clubs that who merit your support. I’m here because we need a few cars to represent your mark in our completion program. We have a few of everything but we don’t have any GTRs competing. I have read countless articles on the tack performance of a GTR so I’m asking if I can have at least one person to represent the model.

I assume that the GTR will compete in our highest class, it was won last year by a street legal C5 Z06 with a T1 suspension. This year it’s being won by a C6 Z06 driven to the track. I would like to think that the GTR would be competitive against these cars.

CFRA prides it’s self on having various makes and models compete in a friendly and safe environment. I do realize that timed completion will only interest a small minority of car owners but my goal is to find one or two willing to participate. Classing is done by power to weight and tire selection. All other modifications are at the discretion of the owner. We have 5 classes with and average of 3 to 6 cars competing in each class at any single event. The driver amassing the most season points will receive an appropriate award at the end of the season.

To participate in the championship a driver must have a minimum of 10 previous days of track experience. That can be with any organization. They must also put an AMB transmitter in their car so that the computer at timing and scoring can record their lap times. If you lack the 10 days experience and would like to work towards competing, we would be happy to work with you towards that goal. No additional safety equipment is required for the timed competition.

There is also opportunity to join the exhibition race championship but that is another topic. If you have any additional questions, please post your question here. You are also free to write me at president@cfra.net or visit our web site at www.cfra.net – Please note that a lot of our competition content is not viewable to non-members. We don’t like insurance companies to see who may be competing.

Our next event is at Laguna Seca on Thursday September 16th. All events are only 3 run groups with 30 cars per run group. Those in attendance receive 2.5 hours of track time. The early registration price is $195.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to ask for a few representatives from your group to join our competition.

Sincerely

Ed Kornegay
President CFRA