Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA.

Prospective GTR buyer

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 01:26 PM

Prospective GTR buyer

Hi All,

This is my first post. I just joined this forum because I am considering buying a GTR but I'm having some reservations. One of the main concerns is that I can't find a dealer that would let me test drive one. I certainly understand that, but I would at least need to ride in one to get a better idea of the suspension and if it will be acceptable as a daily driver. So my question is would anyone in the MD/DC/VA area be willing to meet up with me one weekend and let me go for a ride in one. Obviously not test drive it, just sit in the passenger seat. I'll still look around to see if a dealer would let me test drive one, but I thought this would be a decent alternative if I couldn't fine one.

Also, for those who own one, what are your impressions of the comfort of the suspension from a daily driver perspective? Do you miss not having 2 back seats that could actually fit an adult. How is the reliability of the transmission. Any other annoying issues that you came across worth noting. If you had to do it all over again, would you do it.

By the way, the other cars I'm considering are the new M3, Lexus ISF, C63 and maybe the CTS-V. I just test drove the M3 and the ISF. I'm planning on test driving the C63 and the CTS-V soon. I know these cars don't compare to the GTR in performance, but I would be willing to sacrifice some performance for reliability, daily driver suspension comfort, and 2 "real" back seats.

Any thoughts?

Richard
Old 06-29-2010, 05:49 PM
GTR Member

No need to test drive it. You will love it. I test drove the IS-F, which was a lot smoother ride than the GT-R. CTS V has more hp, but 0-60 time still is unmatched. Let me know how the CTS V feels?

I have no regrets of getting the GT-R. You feel like a celebrity-you won't get as much attention if you get any of the other cars you just mentioned. Girls love to ride, you are king of the road. I don't ride in the back seats, so it's not a big deal. As a daily driver, it's a little bumpy but you get used to it. I always drive in comfort mode unless I want to tear it up. I think you should wait for the 2012 to come out before you get it.

Good luck!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:07 PM

Thanks for your reply CR8-10_GTR. So have you had any issues with your 2010? Is it your daily driver? What reasons would you wait for the 2012? I might not be able to as my current car may not make it that long. . I was considering the 2011, which has those minor technology upgrades.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:31 PM
GTR Member

No issues, just some minor design flaws, like no daytime running lights, CF card is kinda unorthodox, no way of recording readings on gages, things like that. It is my daily driver. 2012 is expected to have some major upgrades over the 2011.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 AM

Besides the HP upgrade to around 500HP, do you know what other upgrades they are planning?
Old 06-30-2010, 08:33 AM

How is the interior noise level when driving at highway speeds. Can you hold a conversation without too much trouble hearing?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:40 PM
GTR Member

The noise level is not an issue, just bumpy - it really depends on how smooth the roads are too. Hawaii's roads are terribly beat up.