GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

Nissan delays GT-R Spec V, to offer S-Tune version in the meantime?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by dr phyco
people you are complaining about the price its a f**king super ca when thinking of buying one you don't ask can i afford it you ask and i handle the car. now if you can afford it then stop complaining.
thats not the case, the MSRP of the GTR never been a complain, we are all complain and how dealers are screwing us with the premium they are putting on the car.

Porsche and other cars are also considered super cars, but no such stuiped premiums on it like this.. have you heard of the $45K over MSRP on a second hand!!

just my 2 cents
Old 08-05-2008, 02:05 PM
GTR Member

Autoblog (yeah yeah I know) is reporting:

The word from Japan's BestCar magazine is that Nissan has delayed the launch of the GT-R V-Spec in Japan from this fall to sometime later this year or early 2009. The reason for the delay hasn't been divulged, but as a stop-gap measure, Nissan will be releasing an Evolution or S-Tune version fitted with several of the parts developed by NISMO and fitted on the race-spec version of the GT-R that campaigned in Tokachi 24-hour enduro.

The launch of the Evolution/S-Tune model will coincide with the release of NISMO's line of performance parts, due out later this month, and will include suspension upgrades, new aero parts, wheels and tires, along with a revised ECU and a new exhaust system. Look for an official announcement from Nissan on August 20th.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:16 AM
GTR Senior Member

Nissan delays GT-R Spec V, to offer S-Tune version in the meantime?

From Leftlane:

Today’s unofficial reports see the highly-anticipated Nissan GT-R Spec V delayed from a fall launch in Japan to some time later this year or early in 2009. The reasons for the delay are not known, but are likely a result of more time needed to develop the car, which has big shoes to fill in order to beat the performance of the standard car.
The reports originated from the Japanese BestCar magazine, and also reveal Nissan will launch a third GT-R model to appease buyers in the meantime. The model, likely to carry an S-Tune badge, will be offered with NISMO-developed parts, some of which adorned the racing version of the GT-R that raced in the Tokachi 24-hour endurance race. This model may come sooner than later, as it is expected to make a debut at the same time as the NISMO performance part line-up, slated for August 20.
The go-fast parts will include a selection of suspension upgrades, aerodynamic pieces, wheel and tires and a new ECU and exhaust system to bump up power output.

link to original
Old 08-18-2008, 02:49 AM

well still theres my argument but i know they are screwing us its just because they are making so few compaired to how many porsche. and look at the economy that bush royaly ****ed up so that could also be a factor. wait i bet tree huggers would agree this is a factor. GLOBAL WARMING lmfao.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:44 AM

Save your politics for somewhere else.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:13 PM

wow some one is booty tickled. and i was joking. if you didn't know msrp already has the economy position taken in to effect
Old 08-23-2008, 12:47 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ultima00
Even with all the carbon-fibers, carbon ceramic brakes, etc I don't think its worth justifying over $60,000 over the base unit. $130k and your venturing into the realm of some nice cars....
???

The R35 isn't a "nice car?"

please explain.....
Old 08-23-2008, 12:49 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by EXTREME
I dont beleive it will be at that price, its just insane to pay $130k...
I will just buy the normal one and put some bolt-ons mods on it and thats it..
After markups the price will be nearer $180,000. They're only making about 30 of them per month.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:34 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by bonzelite
???

The R35 isn't a "nice car?"

please explain.....
Maybe I should choose my words a bit more carefully The car is absolutely a nice car and at a steal of a price (excluding markups). I'm buying one myself next year if I can get one at a reasonable price.

I'm simply questioning whether the additional upgrades the V-spec will have warrant an additional ~$60,000 based on what we know so far.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:05 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ultima00
Maybe I should choose my words a bit more carefully The car is absolutely a nice car and at a steal of a price (excluding markups). I'm buying one myself next year if I can get one at a reasonable price.

I'm simply questioning whether the additional upgrades the V-spec will have warrant an additional ~$60,000 based on what we know so far.
ahhh now I understand what you mean....

however, the Spec V will be the world's fastest production car, with only 30 units per month, if that, being made worldwide.

preliminary unofficial Spec V Nur times are 7:25. That already beats the ZR1's first official time.

At these levels, we are witnessing a true supercar at work. And we will see truly super prices affixed to them.

Quick Reply: Nissan delays GT-R Spec V, to offer S-Tune version in the meantime?