GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

New GTR transmission theory

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 08:12 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spazpilot
It's funny how we have pictures of the exterior of the GTR, but yet no pictures of the interior. This would tell us a lot on weather it is a manual or a sequential. Also, I am still hopeful that because we keep on seeing the G35 test mule maybe, just maybe, one of them has a manual while the proto has the sequential.
^^^that is what i have been suspicious of.

overall, the car will probably be offered standard with 7speed paddle shift with automatic mode similar to Ferrari 599GTB.

the hope is that they offer a fully manual 6MT as well. let's hope.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:48 PM

Will they have auto i want to know cos rit now i am only 12 so i wan to drive 1 when i grow up!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
GTR Senior Member

the Ferrari 599GTB has manual paddle shifts with automatic mode. i will predict the GTR to have the same if it indeed has paddles.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:50 PM

The 599 also offers a full manual Tranny upon request.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:44 AM
GTR Senior Member

do you mean with a clutch and stick shift?
Old 11-06-2006, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bonzelite
do you mean with a clutch and stick shift?
Yep, all Ferrari's can be ordered with a clutch and stick. Went to go look at a 360 here at Boardwalk in plano, TX and all except one 430 had a sequential so when I asked the broker told me that all can be ordered in a manual tranny. Here is also an ad by road and track that talks about the there 3 different tranny's available on the 430 that can be had, auto, manual , F1 paddle.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=2

I hope that nissan takes hint from audi and ferrari and not make the mistake BMW did with there first year M3.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:54 PM
GTR Senior Member

Thumbs up fully manual for me, then

that's good info. thanks for that.

ok, then. i call standard 7speed manual paddles with auto mode. and then the OPTION of 6MT.

that is my pyschic prediction.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by bonzelite
that's good info. thanks for that.

ok, then. i call standard 7speed manual paddles with auto mode. and then the OPTION of 6MT.

that is my pyschic prediction.
Man I really hope your right because the 6 speed manual is what I am opting for.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:17 PM
GTR Senior Member

me too.

paddles will be the standard, though

maybe they'll be good? perhaps americans are just stubborn and not "with it."
Old 11-16-2006, 09:18 PM

sounds like people are getting a sequential transmission and a automatic confused. A sequential box is a manual with a normal clutch system. The difference is that the shift pattern is not an H, it has a push fwd to shift down and pull back to **** up pattern acomplished through a ratcheting drum inside the trans instead of the usual shift forks. I also allows full throttle clutchless shifts when equiped with strieght cut gears. This is not a bad thing. Many of the top tuner r32-r34 gtrs have aftermarket hollinger units installed. It is doubtfull though that this is what will make its way into the v35 gtr, and I like all of you am hoping for a standard six speed option at least. I posted a pic of the signal auto r34 that won the Seattle Formula Drift comp using a hollinger six speed sequential box.
Attached Thumbnails New GTR transmission theory-formula-d-066.jpg  

Quick Reply: New GTR transmission theory