GTRForums News & Rumors Check this forum for the latest news in the GTR community and rumors about existing and future Skyline GTR models.

GTR Photo's Released!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 07:39 AM

This is my first post and I don't know if this will be a repost but there are some pics and more info coming at http://www.gtrproto.com/
Old 10-19-2005, 08:01 AM

No information on pricing, but the long rumored and subtley confirmed release time frame has been September 2007 for some time....So start saving guys, thats what I'm doing. I've already put money in multiple one year CDs to try and raise some money so that I can own this bisch
Old 10-19-2005, 08:06 AM

http://www.gtrproto.com/

winston
Old 10-19-2005, 08:43 AM

Wink

I like the rare end of this beauty it still keeps the spirit of the GTR legend But I still think that the R34 is a better looking one. They are making the proto car too oval and according to me it looks like a shuttle, but I'll take one if it is a gift .

Great car. I just wander how many horses will they put under the hood.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:38 AM

simply amazing.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:44 AM

I dunno. It doesn't turn me on like the R34 GTR does. That car is distinctive and doesn't look like anything else on the road. This still looks like someone redid the front, rear, put a widebody kit on it and a wing, and put a GTR Emblem on the front. And if the motor is of the Q variant instead of the RB26DETT it won't really be a Skyline, but it'll be a "GTR". I'll feel better about it when the specs are revealed.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 AM

some one hand mr a hankie .....beter still the box !!

stunning eh guys
Old 10-19-2005, 10:00 AM

Yea. If you think so. Personally, I like this rendition of the GTR better:

This actually looks more like a Skyline GTR, not a G35 GTR, at least to me.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:11 AM

I love the new pics....i think i'm in love . i've been to japan many times and seen the R34's up close and personal and i think nissan has done an awesome job of keeping the heritage of the Skyline with the new GTR

I opened a new account last week to start saving for this 1.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:46 AM

It looks like it was made to beat up other cars. If this thing has anything close to what the Nissan guys have been hinting at, it's gonna be a beast. The styling is taking me some getting used to though. The stance is just bad ***, it looks like it is ready to leap on you. And the 350Z like nose looks great with the wider flares, but somthing about the head lights. I think if they got rid of the black underneath them it would look better, it kind of makes the lights look like they go straight to the edge of the bumper by the pavement. It also hides the large inlets on the lower bumper. Heck, get rid of the black altogether on the front, it would make all the large inlets look that much more intimidating, kind of like if you don't get out of it's way it will just devour your car and keep on moving. Oh, and am I the only one who thinks the *** end looks a little like a Chevy Cobalt. If I am lucky to see one of these bad boys in person though, I am sure I wouldn't be complaining.

Quick Reply: GTR Photo's Released!!