General General forums for the GTR community.

Winding road magazine hints at more cars for the US

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:16 PM

Winding road magazine hints at more cars for the US

http://www.windingroad.com

Accoridng to the article, engineers on the project hinted that if the demand is there the US could get up to 5000 cars per year. The head designer said they are ready to change the allocation numbers quickly if necesary. Engineers on the project hinted that the new numbers if changed could be 350/month for japan, 500 for the US and 150/month for the rest of the world.If that turns out to be the case any markups wont last to long and people who over pay right away might get their cars first but wont be happy when the price returns to msrp quickly. Kind of reminds me of all the people who went out and paid 700 dollars for the iphone and then 2 months later it was 400. Lets hope that this turns out to be the case and we get more cars.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:07 PM
GTR Senior Member

I hope the article is true...but I have my doubts.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 PM
GTRForums Staff

I wold not doubt it for a second if demand stays what it is seemingly now. I would guess they will sell the first round or two and then make a decision. But if demand is high after the first round, it would almost be certain.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 PM

That would be great news. Demand seems high enough, but you never know. Thanks for the possible news.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:48 PM
GTR Member

Make it so.... That way it can be priced the way that it was intendid to be priced.

-Nate
Old 02-10-2008, 06:48 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by GTRNate
Make it so.... That way it can be priced the way that it was intendid to be priced.

-Nate
I'll keep my fingers crossed...
Old 02-14-2008, 08:57 AM

Exclamation

Dont worry ..greedy Nissan dealers will keep all GTR's on the lots with crazy markups...therefore the car will not sell and Nissan will not export more..

It seems Nissan dealers are out of touch with todays economic realities..
Unreal
Nissan needs to step in and punish crooked dealers..
Old 02-14-2008, 09:23 AM
GTR Member

dude rastmp whats your prob dude let people do what they want with there money. i know ill pay atleast 10k over msrp if i have to and i know that all the GT-R35 will be sold. So just calm down and relax.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by GTRwannabe
dude rastmp whats your prob dude let people do what they want with there money. i know ill pay atleast 10k over msrp if i have to and i know that all the GT-R35 will be sold. So just calm down and relax.
People that waste their money on 'dealer markups', just make other sane buyers wait....The price of being the first on the block with a new GTR is rather high dont you think...You can take that 10k and pay for a good economics class...lol
Old 02-14-2008, 10:41 AM
GTR Member

O i already have taken micro and macro so im good, and well its braging rights and why not if you have the money. Its not there fault other people dont have the money to spend on markups. so just wait it out and youll sooner or later get it at msrp or hey, maybe even below. But please dont try and downgrade people that really want the car and cant wait to have and spend a little more cash to have it sooner then later.

Quick Reply: Winding road magazine hints at more cars for the US