General General forums for the GTR community.

Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:09 PM
GTRForums Staff

Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source

I had an interesting conversation with the new main importer of SSR today. Apparently, according the SSR, they have solved the problem of the wheel sensors and are offering a wheel specifically for the GTR in the just released catalog. As soon as I have pictures, I will post them. The same person also let me know that advan has a GTR specific wheel being made as well. Good news for us wheel junkies
Old 03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
GTR Senior Member

its all about the valve stems. they have been doing this for a while. current cars have to get new rims made for them with special valves. they come from the manufactures. since ssr and others have to make them custom for each car.

some car manufactures will let you add new serial numbers to the ecu i belve. there is more on this subject elsewhere.

here is an article i read that is telling what tuners are doing about it currently since wheel manufactures havent made anything yet.
Attached Thumbnails Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-scan0001.jpg   Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-2.jpg   Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-3.jpg   Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-4.jpg   Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-5.jpg  

Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-6.jpg   Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-7.jpg   Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-8.jpg   Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-9.jpg   Wheels will be swappable according to SSR source-10.jpg  

Last edited by mindlessoath; 03-13-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:26 PM
GTR Senior Member

cool cool, i knew that this issue wouldn't take too long to get squared away