General General forums for the GTR community.

War of the Worlds Comparison Test. ZR1 vs. GTR vs. GT2 vs. 599

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

War of the Worlds Comparison Test. ZR1 vs. GTR vs. GT2 vs. 599

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...gtr/index.html

amazing test.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:45 PM
GTR Member

Figures you would have posted this.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NissanR35
Figures you would have posted this.
well im a "troll" remember...

this isnt about me... and as soon as this thread becomes about me, you get away from a well written, and epic article on cars, and that is why we are here.

to discuss cars.

we arent here to cheerlead one car or make believe that competition doesnt exist, we're not here to troll forums or talk ****, and we're not here to throw insults around. We are here to talk about cars.

Thats all im trying to do, spark a car debate, not rub dirt in a wound. talk about the thread, not me.

Last edited by Camaro371; 10-27-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:16 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaro371
well im a "troll" remember...

this isnt about me... and as soon as this thread becomes about me, you get away from a well written, and epic article on cars, and that is why we are here.

to discuss cars.

we arent here to cheerlead one car or make believe that competition doesnt exist, we're not here to troll forums or talk ****, and we're not here to throw insults around. We are here to talk about cars.

Thats all im trying to do, spark a car debate, not rub dirt in a wound. talk about the thread, not me.
The thing about the test is that the GT-R doesn't compare to the ZR1, I will admit that right now. The ZR1 is untouchable by any other road car. This will be a better comparison come January when the V-Spec arrives since they will be more comparable in price.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Catapult5
The thing about the test is that the GT-R doesn't compare to the ZR1, I will admit that right now. The ZR1 is untouchable by any other road car. This will be a better comparison come January when the V-Spec arrives since they will be more comparable in price.

i agree, when the V spec comes out expect more tests...
Old 10-28-2008, 01:59 PM
GTR Member

The GTR main competition would be Z06, 997TT, base viper, etc

Nissan should be honored really, to be compared in the same sentence as those cars. I wonder what they'll compare next, Viper ACR vs Geo Metro; now that's a real comparo (insert sarcasm)?
Old 10-28-2008, 03:23 PM
GTR Member

Nice article. The main thing that these comparisons prove is that most cars will shine in particular areas and fall a little short in others. Money can make a big difference, and it matters whether you want the money applied towards engine parts and carbon fiber body panels or leather trimmed instrument clusters and carbon fiber shift *****. The big plus for all car enthusiasts is that competition causes the manufacturers to push it to the next level. Hooray for the consumers .
James

Last edited by jmsrx; 10-28-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by jmsrx
Nice article. The main thing that these comparisons prove is that most cars will shine in particular areas and fall a little short in others. Money can make a big difference, and it matters whether you want the money applied towards engine parts and carbon fiber body panels or leather trimmed instrument clusters and carbon fiber shift *****. The big plus for all car enthusiasts is that competition causes the manufacturers to push it to the next level. Hooray for the consumers .
James
Definitely a great time to be a car guy, we used to ride horses way back when. As for the GTR vs the ZR1, if you put the money it would cost to afford the ZR1 into the GTR I wonder which would win? That's just how the game goes, the Spec V will come out, than Porsche will make something, or Chevy, or Ferrari, or whoever else wants recognition.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by evelution75
Definitely a great time to be a car guy, we used to ride horses way back when. As for the GTR vs the ZR1, if you put the money it would cost to afford the ZR1 into the GTR I wonder which would win? That's just how the game goes, the Spec V will come out, than Porsche will make something, or Chevy, or Ferrari, or whoever else wants recognition.

The new Audi R8 is my money maker for the future...

im guessing it comes in and trumps em all.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:46 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaro371
The new Audi R8 is my money maker for the future...

im guessing it comes in and trumps em all.
It's more expensive than both. I see the R8 as more of a GT than straight up racer. It is a beautiful and fast car but it can't hang with the GT-R let alone the ZR1.

Quick Reply: War of the Worlds Comparison Test. ZR1 vs. GTR vs. GT2 vs. 599