General General forums for the GTR community.

US GTR versions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 10:04 AM
GTR Member

US GTR versions?

think Are they planning on making V spec versions of the GTR? or better yet a Ztune... (probably not on the Z tune, at least for a few years....)

I was one of the 1st to buy a Evolution 8 and wish I had waited for the MR.... (well, not really.... but still)

any thoughts?, I know there wont be any official info

-shahul
Old 09-14-2006, 09:47 AM

There will be some limited numbers entering US, according to some officials i read long ago. But i dont think Z-Tune will be there. If im not mistaken, Motorex are their importers.

In 2007 .. Skylines will be entering with the NISSAN tag and not more using INFINITY.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:36 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by sakuraguy
In 2007 .. Skylines will be entering with the NISSAN tag and not more using INFINITY.
actually its spelled infiniti.

also are you guys talking about the new skyline? im guessing that they probably will sell very very limited numbers of z tunes or M-spec, V-spec, Nur, etc versions. and about Motorex, they are out of business for fraud and other illegal importing activities. since the new skyline will be sold worldwide, there will be no need to import them unless there are JDM limited versions that you would like, and it would most likely be through a more legit import company. then again if nissan builds the JDM ones in just their emission standards and crash test standards, i really really doubt the DOT and all the other federal agencies associated with cars would allow them over. and also since the standard skyline in the US is predicted to cost $50k-70k, you better have pretty deep pockets to afford an imported or specially tuned one, i'd say in the $100k plus range.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:24 PM

oh.. yes .. sorry and thnx for the correction
Old 09-20-2006, 07:43 AM
GTRForums Staff

My guess is that the first year will not ahve anything special. Then depending on sales, they may have a special version come out by the third year. Maybe the second in japan.

They would have to come up with a new reason to make a Vspec though. The vspec historically had added technology, and it would seem the standard GTR is going to be loaded with everything current performance car technology has to offer. The N1 and Nur were more surrounded around performance in the form of stronger/stiffer parts which seems a more likely way to go. I can definitely see a more extreme version coming out in a few years.

Dont hold your breath for a Z Tune and even if they do, it will be some ungodly sum of money
Old 09-24-2006, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by anonymous_
and about Motorex, they are out of business for fraud and other illegal importing activities.
amongst other things...i have heard the owner of motorex had yakuza ties and was charged with kidnapping and other criminal charges...but as far as us car enthusiasts are concerned motorex were lumping in the R34 and R32 along with the R33 while they only crash tested the R33...therefore, the R34 and R32 became illegal when this information came to light
Old 10-01-2006, 11:30 AM
GTR Member

thanks for the thoughts.... The EVo was nice, but I do wish I waited for the MR since it was 6 speed, handled as well, was more compliant driving, had the cooler looks etc....

Also look at Z06 drivers, if you bought a 2001 Z06 it was like 365hp? and then the 2002 was 405....

I hate being an early adopter sometimes, but you cant sit and wait forever....