General General forums for the GTR community.

So who's got one??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:23 PM

How did your pickup go Catapult and how are you enjoying the car? I got the call yesterday that mine is ready and I'm flying out to get it and make the 800 mile drive home tomorrow. Well worth 800 miles to get the car at MSRP as promised. While tempting to flip it, I know I would be totally disappointed driving something else after being behind the wheel of this thing for 800 miles, so it will be in my garage for a long long time. I will post a link when I put up pics and what not... Probably Sunday since I'm spending the night in Phoenix Friday night and finishing my drive on Saturday.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:01 PM
GTR Senior Member

The pick up was great, had to go fill up after then got right on the highway, even at 50% pedal it gets up pretty fast. My tech said that the car was already broken in and that he hadn't heard that there was any break in period so it was in R mode pretty quick.

Enjoy it, it is defiantly a special car.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:16 PM

Thanks man, one of the best days of my life yesterday, not quite as good as getting married or either of my 2 kids' births, but after that, not many I can think of as good as taking delivery on this car at MSRP. Thank you Melloy Nissan in Albequerque, NM. Well worth the 800 mile drive home. They were GREAT to work with and very honorable for a car dealer. Best new car buying experience I've ever had really. I got it from their internet fleet department and worked with the guy that runs it that department, Gus, and he's a good guy. Was a fast and fun drive home, stopped off in Phoenix for the night at a friend's before heading back out the rest of the way to San Diego. Here are some pics after I cleaned the bug caked front end up when I got home:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture098.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Picture096.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ure093edit.jpg
Old 09-08-2008, 11:10 AM

wow it looks great in black, nice choice. Much better than any of the other colors, esp the super silver IMO.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:37 PM
GTR Senior Member

I also have black but it is raining and I haven't been able to make it look great yet.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:49 PM
GTR Member

Congrats. Black is one the best looking color when kept clean. (I must be the only one who don't like Super silver though). Maybe they will come out with a blue next year

Keep the pictures coming guys
Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 PM
GTR Senior Member

Actually I didn't like the silver because I felt it wasn't worth the extra 3k. Also, if there is every any problem with the paint it would be next to impossible to fix.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:45 PM

Thanks Ultima I wasn't to keen on the silver myself. $3k extra, and honestly, it just doesn't look as good as a nice black or gunmetal. This thing will be fun to try to keep clean though, that's for sure, not to mention spiderwebbing, etc, but I just had to go with the black!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:48 PM
GTR Senior Member

I really like the black on most cars and I really love it on my car. Haven't been able to keep it clean because of rain from the hurricanes. You can't go wrong with black on any car but it looks great on the GT-R.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:45 PM

I couldn't wait any longer, picked mine up yesterday. Already put 300 miles on the car since then. The car is a beast, no disappointments whatsoever.

Quick Reply: So who's got one??