General General forums for the GTR community.

Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:29 AM

Ahhh Sir Winkie...... None of my points are Wrong their all FACTS!

I never mentioned Nurenburg Times... I'm sure someone will test a "production" GTr with production tires their soon!

I'm talking Street racing 1/4 mile testing, raceing from a roll etc!

Fact as confirmed by Road and Track... A Z06 will spank a production Stock GTR in the 1/4 mile from a roll anywhere ect, even from a standing start!!

Fact a Regular 436HP Corvette will pull on a Pruduction Stock GTr fom a roll due to the Regular Corvettes power to weight adgantage.

With all the Hype th I can see why you guys don't want to belive this.

I'm not your troll I'm your REALITY CHECK!

Ahhhh....

Last edited by steve wilson; 04-14-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:41 AM

Somewhere on an STi or Corvette board, there's a thread called "look how easy it is to bait the GTR Guys" with a link here. OOOO we're so pwn'd.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Somewhere on an STi or Corvette board, there's a thread called "look how easy it is to bait the GTR Guys" with a link here. OOOO we're so pwn'd.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:54 AM
GTRForums Staff

OK...I will say this as someone that loves all fast cars. I have owned an STI, GTR, and many more. Two things: your argument is flawed/presumptive and even if the two cars were identical or the corvette better in all straight line speed, that is such a small part of the equation. An STI or Evo are slower than a regular vette, but often run faster lap times.

Now, you constantly are using specs from a Z06 to prove your point, but are refering to a non Z06. So lets get some figures right since you are basing your argument on the wrong test. Here is the C&D test for the 2008 C6

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...tte/specs.html

As you can see, it is clearly not faster. If it was it would produce a faster trap like the Z06. That said, its not far off, nor should it be. Has a lot of power and is lighter. There is no disputing the Z06 is faster as some speeds, nor does that really matter. And additionally, since you are talking about real world situations, in the real world, the GTR will be the same every time. Constancy alone gives you a great advantage, but yes there are faster cars, and for less money. Also, you dismiss some of the performance numbers as fabricated or altered by "cheating". Without evidence, thats not exactly a compelling argument. One could make the same assumption about any other car saying: "No that test car was just pumped up, a real one wont be that fast". In some cases it may be true, but it could be true in the reverse just as easily.

Now, if all you care about is what is faster from a roll, or even from a dig, you can go way further than the C6. Why not go buy yourself a DSM with 700hp that runs 10's all day? Or maybe a modified mustang. Or as you mention an STI or Evo. Both could be made faster and for less money. Could even make them faster around a track for less money. But as with anything, there are trade offs. Who that would want a high end sports car would ever think of buying a lower end car that may break, no warranty, not as comfortable, not as driveable, etc. Even a new mustang just is not on the same level regardless of performance. But again we are talking about a C6. The stock C6 while it does have good power, is not a refined sports car in the sense of the GTR. Drive the 2 and you will find a world of difference. Add turns, braking zones, etc and you will find the difference to be substantial. Even the Z06(a far better comparison) struggles to make similar lap times anywhere. This is not speculation. I talk directly to those that have tested the cars. You have just over simplified the comparison and failed to see the big picture. There will always be some car that does one thing better, that doesnt mean its a better car, or a better car for you.

Also, to touch on one point, its not smoke an mirrors, its physics and technology. Power to weight is only one variable in the total equation. As mentioned, a very competent drivetrain, great chassis, great suspension, and good power all come together and a well engineered package. As a result, you are left with a total package, not a bias to one specific area

Last edited by CharlesJ; 04-14-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:01 PM
GTR Senior Member

probably the most heated thread i've seen on these boards, ever

these are always fun reads because there's tension, some misinformation and anonymity

just be careful

Old 04-14-2008, 01:13 PM
GTR Senior Member

I'm just embarrassed that he is a fellow STi owner...makes us all look bad

Okay, okay, I'll try to stop feeding the troll. But hey, this guy is entertaining! Plus, he's full of
Old 04-14-2008, 01:58 PM
GTR Member

Hello Steve.

Just needed to add my own 2 cents into this because it seems you are very ignorant and ... welll......... Ingorant will cover for you.. You seem to only care about straight aways right? The GTR VS a Z06... Normal everyday Driver Vs Normal Everyday Driver .. The GTR will spank the Z06 EVERYTIME. love it or hate it, The ****tiest driver can do a 0-60 in a GTR 3.7 -3.8 seconds everytime and get perfect shifts everytime.

Now you want the other half of it?

I drove an Evo and ive seen wat Turbo Cars can do. Turbo back exhaust/ boost controller / intake / Fuel Pump / Cam Gears = GG

Z06 is int he dust even if it has aftermarket parts. You seem to underestimate AWD Turbo Wonders.

You wanna talk about overall performance? The GTR rapes the Z06 STock vs Stock in every aspect besides a roll on of 20+ MPH.. BIG DEAL... No one buying a GTR is going to keep it stock buddy... People want to fix it up.. To get the Horsepower out of it and enjoy it WITH AWD COMFORT. NOT RWD LIGHT car which you will fish tail.. spin out.. and risk your own life because you cant drive the car to its max potential on the streets like you can a GTR.

Lets talk about canyon runs? if a Z06 Tries to even keep up with a GTR on a canyon run.. It would probably fall off the side of the road and bye bye Z06 Driver Hello Insurance money for the family cause of Dead Father or Bye bye Son.

You really are an ignorant person when it comes to Cars and being a car fanatic / Person who enjoys a car as a hobby.

Tell you what man... When i get my GTR and within this year when i have my simple Bolt ons and My cam Gears and Cam shafts / ECU redone.. lets me and you go from a 40 Roll and see wat happens..

Then we can go on a canyon run .. For fun... Then ill come back on the forums and tell everyone... he tried to keep up with me in his Hunk of Junk american Muscle Car .. and now he is sleeping with the wolves. Well at least we wont get any more Stupid Posts from that idiot on our Forums.

Get bent man.

GG

your done
Old 04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
GTRForums Staff

Despite the obvious flaws in his argument, we should still be nice/tolerant. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there are many great cars out there. The GTR is not the best car on the planet and may not be the right car for everyones needs. It just however seems to be one of the best all around packages available at a decent price.

Saying that something cheaper is faster (which turned out not to be true in this case) is irrelevant. A lightly modded evo/sti may be faster than an R8 or GT3, but I can tell you which I would chose given the option. Just the same, a GTR may be faster than a ferrari 430, but that does not mean the 430 is a pointless car. Every car has its pluses and minus, GTR and Corvette includde
Old 04-14-2008, 07:26 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
Hello Steve.

Just needed to add my own 2 cents into this because it seems you are very ignorant and ... welll......... Ingorant will cover for you.. You seem to only care about straight aways right? The GTR VS a Z06... Normal everyday Driver Vs Normal Everyday Driver .. The GTR will spank the Z06 EVERYTIME. love it or hate it, The ****tiest driver can do a 0-60 in a GTR 3.7 -3.8 seconds everytime and get perfect shifts everytime.

Now you want the other half of it?

I drove an Evo and ive seen wat Turbo Cars can do. Turbo back exhaust/ boost controller / intake / Fuel Pump / Cam Gears = GG

Z06 is int he dust even if it has aftermarket parts. You seem to underestimate AWD Turbo Wonders.

You wanna talk about overall performance? The GTR rapes the Z06 STock vs Stock in every aspect besides a roll on of 20+ MPH.. BIG DEAL... No one buying a GTR is going to keep it stock buddy... People want to fix it up.. To get the Horsepower out of it and enjoy it WITH AWD COMFORT. NOT RWD LIGHT car which you will fish tail.. spin out.. and risk your own life because you cant drive the car to its max potential on the streets like you can a GTR.

Lets talk about canyon runs? if a Z06 Tries to even keep up with a GTR on a canyon run.. It would probably fall off the side of the road and bye bye Z06 Driver Hello Insurance money for the family cause of Dead Father or Bye bye Son.

You really are an ignorant person when it comes to Cars and being a car fanatic / Person who enjoys a car as a hobby.

Tell you what man... When i get my GTR and within this year when i have my simple Bolt ons and My cam Gears and Cam shafts / ECU redone.. lets me and you go from a 40 Roll and see wat happens..

Then we can go on a canyon run .. For fun... Then ill come back on the forums and tell everyone... he tried to keep up with me in his Hunk of Junk american Muscle Car .. and now he is sleeping with the wolves. Well at least we wont get any more Stupid Posts from that idiot on our Forums.

Get bent man.

GG

your done

You need to relax man, GTR looks awesome, most the people here would love to have one. But dont assume its the fastest thing in the world. 1. if you really are getting a gtr and 2. you really have the mods installed (i havent seen any parts avail besides exhausts which companies are charging 3-5 grand for) you can say bye bye to your warranty. The tranny looks great and fast, but no one knows if it can handle 600+ hp. Many high hp awd cars suffer from massive wheel hop, ive seen plent of 600-800hp porsche turbos struggle in the 1/4 mile.

Nissan has set a great package together with the gtr and it is a greate value, it does need to lose alot of weight though. But it will excell in short twisty tracks. Other tracks will considebly favor the Zo6. The Zo6 is faster in a straight line, the trap speeds in the 1/4 mile prove this in every mag. The nice thing about the "hunk of junk" american cars is how easy they are to modify, and they tend to handle the added hp quite well. I have been pushing 7lbs of boost through my 10.5 to 1 comp v8 with my stock clutch for several years without any problems. Not many can say that.

Also, I have raped numerous modified sti's evo's that tell me they will kill me out of the hole. Anyway. id love to take my 650hp 3100 lb "hunk of junk" against your "hopefully not imaginary modified" gtr.

PS im still looking for a gtr at msrp
Old 04-14-2008, 08:46 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by ZOsixTT
You need to relax man, GTR looks awesome, most the people here would love to have one. But dont assume its the fastest thing in the world. 1. if you really are getting a gtr and 2. you really have the mods installed (i havent seen any parts avail besides exhausts which companies are charging 3-5 grand for) you can say bye bye to your warranty. The tranny looks great and fast, but no one knows if it can handle 600+ hp. Many high hp awd cars suffer from massive wheel hop, ive seen plent of 600-800hp porsche turbos struggle in the 1/4 mile.

Nissan has set a great package together with the gtr and it is a greate value, it does need to lose alot of weight though. But it will excell in short twisty tracks. Other tracks will considebly favor the Zo6. The Zo6 is faster in a straight line, the trap speeds in the 1/4 mile prove this in every mag. The nice thing about the "hunk of junk" american cars is how easy they are to modify, and they tend to handle the added hp quite well. I have been pushing 7lbs of boost through my 10.5 to 1 comp v8 with my stock clutch for several years without any problems. Not many can say that.

Also, I have raped numerous modified sti's evo's that tell me they will kill me out of the hole. Anyway. id love to take my 650hp 3100 lb "hunk of junk" against your "hopefully not imaginary modified" gtr.

PS im still looking for a gtr at msrp

OK... Time for this person to be taught a thing or two.. Maybe more if he is smart. American Hunk of junk yes.. period! RWD < AWD and NEVER WILL A ZO6 beat any GTR at any track besides a 1/4 mile. A highly modified GTR vs Highly modified ZO6. i will put my money on the GTR any day on a straight away.. Here my proof for you to shut your trap about your TRAP speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkYMy4c5ZY

600 Hp Evo ( Chris Evo From AMS 601 WHP in the VID now the evo currently has 930+. I had an 05 Evo MR with 450 + WHP With AMS turbo Kit So i learned from this company)

Vs Corvette ZO6 With Turbo 644 WHP.

Corvette is lighter and it has 43 more WHP.. RACING a 4 banger with a turbo

EAT your words and sit down and turn off your computer or get out of the GTR forums.No one needs spoilers here.. Go hang out with Hennessey a bit why don't you.

And for the record if your READ my post correctly which you obviously didn't because i can tell by your ignorant POST> i SAID LATER this year when i get my GTR and my modifications You can race me. SO L2Read before you post.

And just for you man.

http://www.myspace.com/constupid

Theres my myspace.. why dont you watch a couple of my videos Posted INCLUDING

Me back when i had 300 Whp Vs a normal C6 Freeway and Off the line. Then you can talk. You will always run into people who talk the talk and beat them and think your the **** on the streets man.. But let me clue you in.. One day, somewhere , sometime you will run into a car that will rape you in the *** then you will learn your lesson.. All you've raced so far are AWD Turbo cars with an Exhaust with owners who are ignorant to what true modifications and real speed is.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...ct_OnTrack.pdf

maybe you should see that the GTR VS 911 Turbo Vs ZO6 lap times.

1:56.9 2:02.1 2:02.2

ZO6 is last as usual in the Supercars

And i quote “The GT-R absolutely spanked the competition.”

and I'm glad your still Looking for a GTR for MSRP.. because with the talk you brought in here down talking The GTR you don't Deserve a GTR. Go buy a new ZO6 and fix that up my friend.

You need to want the GTR bad to try hard enough to get it at MSRP. Clearly you do not and have not.

Ignorance is bliss and his name is ZOsixTT

Quick Reply: Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll