General General forums for the GTR community.

R&T: Nissan GT-R vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. Porsche 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:17 AM
GTR Senior Member

that was posted from who we know as HEAVYCHEVY. he is a troll in the forum world. he spams nothing but annoyances about how the GT-R is terrable and how the 977 is the greatest car. and that if it scored lower than the GT-R its because of the driver not driving it right or the tires were not right, or whatever...

so its just annoying to see him post something like that to them, but i love the answer they gave him back. its like he doesnt care and he doesnt look at the facts. he will get in a GT-R and love it, but still bash it! its just the low life red kneck he is. and btw the guy doesnt look like he owns a 977 either... real dirtbag if you ask me.

good stuff to know, and I'm assuming that you mean 997?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:29 PM
GTR Senior Member

heavychevy has a 996.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:56 PM
GTR Member

The GT-R like all trend setters from the past, will ignite a firestorm of Internet hatred, everything from its ugly/ its still a Nissan/ it doesn't have the pedigree of a Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo/ too Heavy/ Nissan Paid the Magazines for better reviews/ It has better tires/ Transmission isn't fun/ its a ringer from the factory/ The Z06 would be faster if it had AWD/ etc..etc...etc....

That is how many ground breaking vehicles start out their lives, with hatred that comes from typical fan-boys and or over enthusiastic car lovers but after a few years of domination it will be accepted for what it is. The other manufacturers will step up there game and in the end the consumer will win with better products for better prices.

As for Heavychevy, he has proven that although he might have a vast experiences in road racing. It has made him arrogant and cocky and at times has blinded him from seeing the facts. Knowledge is power, unless you are unable to accept changes and challenge your own conventional thinking. I will admit that the GT-R does in many ways defy the laws of physics as we once knew them in the automobile industry. How many different magazine reviews do these people need to see to accept that the GT-R is a Beast amongst Beasts? It happens to be better than the competition at this current time.

I just wish that some people would get over themselves. Now I am going back to studying the stock market so I can make my dividends buy my new GT-R.

-Nate

Last edited by GTRNate; 03-20-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:37 AM
GTR Senior Member

the big thing now is, thhe GT-R is a brick on wheels and electronics are the only thing making it go fast.

of course the awd is really advanced, but it should be, thats the car i want! not some lame car without the smarts to pull me through a corner fast as hell! im not a man for strait line only. get to boaring to fast.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:42 AM
GTR Senior Member

heavychevy has a 996.
oh ok, thanks bonz

yeah i never understood the car hatred. I have an inexpensive slow import s2000

I love it, it's fast enough for me, cheap to maintain, easy to mod, and it still turns heads where I live

I would enjoy a domestic big block, or the GT-R or a supercar

even if a person in a lambo gets embarassed by a modded evo, at the end of the day the lambo owner still owes a lamborghini, and the evo owner has a fast evo..

both win

i just wish that people would enjoy cars as a whole more often and stop fighting about what's better, find what you like, find the car that meets your needs and wallet, and go have a good time

my $0.02
Old 03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
GTR Senior Member

2009 Nissan GT-R with Steve Millen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFIKMzqHf9s

Last edited by mindlessoath; 03-21-2008 at 03:30 PM.