General General forums for the GTR community.

Pre-Order Cobb AccessPORT through GT-RR.com starting August 15

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:43 PM
GTR Senior Member

Pre-Order Cobb AccessPORT through GT-RR.com starting August 15

A few days ago I told you all about the Cobb AccessPORT being released August 18 but now it looks like it will be a bit easier to get one through GT-RR.com

GT-RR, powered by Bulletproof Automotive, has been the leading global source for high quality Japanese tuning products for over 8 years. Cobb Tuning has been recognized as the leading supplier of advanced vehicle performance engineering throughout the world. GT-RR / Bulletproof Automotive has officially now partnered up with Cobb Tuning to provide the GT-R community with the most advanced tuning systems available in the world.

Through this partnership, GT-RR will have immediate and reliable stock of all Cobb GT-R tuning products, starting with the AccessPORT which is available for sale from GT-RR / Bulletproof Automotive now at $995 with free shipping!

The Cobb Tuning AccessPORT is a revolutionary tuning device. Cobb has been doing extensive research & development on their GT-R since February 2008, when they were the first to import this car into the US. This system they've developed provides complete control over the factory engine management system, allowing for various tuning options perfectly suited for the GT-R enthusiast. These features include the following:

• Re-flashes ECU through factory Data Port (OBD)
• Ability to uninstall and revert back to original (stock) ECU data
• Ability to store multiple maps on unit, allows switching between maps at user's convenience
• Ability to read DTCs (trouble codes) from the ECU, BCM, Multi-AV, IPDM, Pre-crash Seat Belt, Meter/M&A, and Adaptive HL computers
• Ability to clear DTCs (trouble codes) from all vehicle computers including infamous "Bonnet Light"
• Ability to update reflash maps as improvements become available
• Firmware is Internet updatable (new features may be added as they become available)

This system also comes with various maps pre-programmed in the AccessPORT. Any updates to this maps, or additional maps, will be made available for download from the Cobb website at no additional charge.

• Stage 1 (for stock cars, including cat-back exhaust)
• Stage 2 (for cars with full aftermarket exhausts, including decat)
• Anti Theft (security mode, car will not start)
• Valet Mode (reduces rev limit and power level, so car cannot be driven aggressively by others)
• Stock Style (normal tune with only speed limiter removed)
• Economy (maximum fuel economy mode, sacrificing performance for better fuel economy)

The Cobb Tuning AccessPORT will be available for pre-order through GT-RR.com as of August 15, 2008. Please contact us with any questions! 213 745 6954 or sales@gt-rr.com

-Mike Bratcher

Source

I will be doing this first thing tomorrow, GT-RR has build a good reputation of getting JDM parts here and I don't think this will be any different. This is especially good for me as the nearest dealer is in the next state and I don't want to deal with them not knowing when it is going to get them in.