General General forums for the GTR community.

Nissan was lying about HP ratings......

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:43 AM
GTR Member

Nissan was lying about HP ratings......

Well this does it for me, what do you guys think about this.......http://www.nissansilvia.com/wp/?p=161
Old 07-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Banned

I think there was already a thread on here about fabricated HP.... ???

It was by that kid you guys banned.

ha funny how that works out
Old 07-18-2008, 06:22 AM
GTR Member

That's old news. I believe it was Road and Track (maybe one of the others) that stuck a US spec GTR on the dyno and guestimated BHP between 500-550. Once again, underating HP is nothing new. The car needs all the HP it can get considering the curb weight. Still a great car and near the top of my short list of vehicles to consider within the next 6 months to a year.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:12 AM
GTR Member

Many people were already skeptical of the numbers. It's never a bad thing when you find out your car has more HP than the manufactured official numbers
Old 07-18-2008, 10:05 AM
GTR Member

yea that congo kid posted somethin like it, i just had to get you guy hot an bothered

Alot of companies back in the 80's and early to mid 90's underrated HP, like Ford for example, my car was rated 235 to the crank, I maked 232 to the wheels before mods.

Last edited by BoostFreak; 07-18-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:16 AM

The part that pisses me off, as someone who has bought the car, is not that they lied about the nominal ratings, but that they used ringer cars for all the early media tests, got us all exited with incredible performance numbers, and now, from all indications, the cars that we will actually get in production will be far closer to the advertised power/torque, with the resultant more credible peformance figures ie. fast but not earth shattering as they had lead us to believe.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:24 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Camaro371
I think there was already a thread on here about fabricated HP.... ???

It was by that kid you guys banned.

ha funny how that works out

Camaro.. Your really need to lay off ok? That kid was banned because he was a douche

That kid joined in June

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yIhsv6WSboY

MotorTrend put A GTR on the dyno (In April ) and claimed those speculations way before that kid said anything and we linked articles stating that before he knew what a GTR was.

STOP tryn to defend him and get over it.. IM starting to get the feeling your Congoman
Old 07-18-2008, 02:02 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by jmsrx
That's old news. I believe it was Road and Track (maybe one of the others) that stuck a US spec GTR on the dyno and guestimated BHP between 500-550. Once again, underating HP is nothing new. The car needs all the HP it can get considering the curb weight. Still a great car and near the top of my short list of vehicles to consider within the next 6 months to a year.
I actually have that article. And your right, this is not the least bit surprising and I'm sure Nissan isn't the only guilty party.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
Camaro.. Your really need to lay off ok? That kid was banned because he was a douche

That kid joined in June

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yIhsv6WSboY

MotorTrend put A GTR on the dyno (In April ) and claimed those speculations way before that kid said anything and we linked articles stating that before he knew what a GTR was.

STOP tryn to defend him and get over it.. IM starting to get the feeling your Congoman

wooaaa now. im not trying to start problems... i havent been here that long and i think we're getting off on the wrong foot...

i am against trolling (im going to asume thats what he did...) at any level. its immature and rude. I find humor in akward situations, thats why i brought it up.

dont shoot the messenger!

that being said, it doesnt give you the right to try and bully me. lets all be friends here and you can move on with your day.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:29 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Camaro371
wooaaa now. im not trying to start problems... i havent been here that long and i think we're getting off on the wrong foot...

i am against trolling (im going to asume thats what he did...) at any level. its immature and rude. I find humor in akward situations, thats why i brought it up.

dont shoot the messenger!

that being said, it doesnt give you the right to try and bully me. lets all be friends here and you can move on with your day.
C'on guys, lets all try to keep things civil. I don't think Camaro is a troll at all. Having diverse opinions is what makes the forums fun

Quick Reply: Nissan was lying about HP ratings......