General General forums for the GTR community.
View Poll Results: Which Design Is Better?
Mine
71.43%
Original
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

My Touch-ups To The New Gtr Design

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:45 AM

Exclamation My Touch-ups To The New Gtr Design

alright ive already posted this on ns.com and SAU.com, but wanted to get your opinions on this. so basically ive just done a quick chop with what i believe the GTR could use, on the right side of my image u see the modified side with new headlights and a added intake down on the front bar.

Mine:

Original:
Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 AM

i also did a revised intake, but due to not getting as positive reaction on the other forums, i decided id keep this out of the voting and keep with that one ^^

Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 AM

I think the revised intake one looks great. Maybe someone from Nissan will see that and make the modification before coming out. Keep up the great work.

- gundamz
Old 11-21-2007, 02:33 PM
GTR Member

Hey, nice work. I like the one we can't vote on best.

But with a .26 Cd, I won't be modding mine anytime soon!

Last edited by EmilGH; 11-22-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Updated the drag coefficient...
Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 PM

yeh the intake is secondary for me, the headlights are what really is important for me.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:17 AM

EmilGH,

I see you have many nice cars already. Are you planning to get the GTR to your collection? Can you share with us how dealer finance this type of cars? Do they offer extra long period financing? Let me know if you want to sell one of them.

thx,
gundamz
Old 11-22-2007, 01:20 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by gundamz
Are you planning to get the GTR to your collection?
You betcha! The GTR might look funny parked next to a Scuderia, but it won't be that much slower at the track.

As for financing "exotics" there's a bunch of different strategies depending on the car, what you believe the value of that car will do over time, and your own financial situation. You can get financing with ridiculously long terms -- some people do loans up to 12 years (not that I'd recommend that). You can do leases through banks, specialty finance companies, and even manufacturers.

These 3 are the best in the biz for exotic and vintage car financing:

http://www.manhattanleasing.com - Ask for Marcello
http://www.putnamleasing.com - Ask for Rick
http://www.premierfinancialservices.com - Ask for Doug

Ferrari just started financing Ferrari purchases with their own finance company. VW Finance will finance a Veyron at 30k a month for 60 months. I think they're doing Lamborghini now, too. Not 100% sure as I'm not on the list for a Reventon.

Generally speaking, though, it depends on your own cash flow situation and where your assets lie as to how you pay. If you've got the net-worth, there's lots of options for you. Talk to your accountant after you do some shopping around.

I'll be financing my GTR. Most likely with a Signature Lease through Nissan (depending on what residual they are quoting on the car)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2007, 04:26 PM
GTR Member

I don't believe the cD of .25, I remember it at about .27----big difference. The car isn't even out or probably seen (by you) in real life but you are already suggesting changes to it? You must be very bored. I will be seeing it in Chicago and will reserve judgment until then.
I would settle for a major diet, or hopefully a correction of the suggested curb weight. I never envisioned the car anywhere near this weight---especially with the vast use of aluminum already. Nissan needs to address this quickly, and I feel MOST of us here should be concerned about this type of thing before cosmetic headlight changes(????). I understand the enthusiasm for this new product, but come on!

Old 11-22-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
I don't believe the cD of .25, I remember it at about .27----big difference. The car isn't even out or probably seen (by you) in real life but you are already suggesting changes to it? You must be very bored. I will be seeing it in Chicago and will reserve judgment until then.
I would settle for a major diet, or hopefully a correction of the suggested curb weight. I never envisioned the car anywhere near this weight---especially with the vast use of aluminum already. Nissan needs to address this quickly, and I feel MOST of us here should be concerned about this type of thing before cosmetic headlight changes(????). I understand the enthusiasm for this new product, but come on!

so u havnt actually driven the car urself in real life and ur already suggesting changes to it? u must be very bored...
Old 11-22-2007, 10:11 PM
GTR Member

Don't listen to him. I enjoyed your creativity.

...and it's actually a .26 on the drag coefficient. I mistyped above. At least according to the Nissan Product Manager for the GTR -- The guy in this vid:

http://forums.gtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=713

Quick Reply: My Touch-ups To The New Gtr Design