General General forums for the GTR community.

M3 vs. GTR

Old 10-22-2008, 05:52 PM

hey briik
no it wasn't me. i live in north carolina. i can only go to virginia international raceway. but you are right. it's very quiet. but from inside you can hear turbo pooling up. sounds like a jet. it's really cool. you'll love it!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:15 PM
GTR Senior Member

Buy the car you want if you have the money. Nothing will much matter if you have the money. Many people buying the R35 already own Gallardos and Porsches.

Insofar as which car is "better," that is really up to the taste of the owner. Taking any car to a track "every weekend" is VERY costly.

Performance-wise, the R35 annihilates the M3 across the board and the cars are not very comparable in that way.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:17 AM

No I don't own one, but I'm seriously considering one, Rick
Old 11-13-2008, 10:26 AM

I have both. Here's my take that I posted elsewhere.

My lease on the 550i 6MT is at its end and after trying to commute in the GTR, I gave up and picked up my new daily d. Here's my take on the two.

GTR: Feels fast going slow. Feels insanely fast going fast. Just a lot of fun but a serious pain driving on imperfect roads. Almost miserable. Gut wrenching, neck snapping torque, is what this car is. Steering is great and the car is huge fun on twisty roads. No need to go to the track to have big fun.

M3: Feels slow going slow. Feels slow going fast. I have to keep pressing the M button to have any kind of fun. 550i feels faster because the torque is there. punching the throttle on the 550i is way more fun. The M3 has to be going before you feel much although I know I'm going fast, it doesn't feel like it. Steering wheel is too chunky and shifter throws too long. Longer than the 550i if you can believe it. But the ride is great. Steering is a little numb. This thing needs to be on the track to have fun.

To sum it up. I can't take the 550i to the track and can't commute in the GTR. The M3 can do both. If you can only have one, then the M3 is a great choice. If you can have two, then the GTR and the 550i 6MT sport pkg is the ultimate combo.

Name:  IMG_82233.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  132.4 KB
Old 11-18-2008, 03:18 PM

nissan

You like man said the gtr is truth