General General forums for the GTR community.

Just Test Drove the new GTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Banned

Just Test Drove the new GTR

And let me say the beast doesnt dissapoint.

i was on vacation in Florida visiting family, and my cousin, an avid car nut was going crazy about the local Nissan dealership having a GTR they hadnt sold yet, and was doing his best to sell me the idea to go test drive it.

so i did.

Now im not going to be shy about this. i was not very happy about the way the GTR looked in all the pictures i have seen. other than the grill, i thought the whole thing looked like a hyndai tubiron. FUGLY. But ohhh my. In the flesh (or metal?) this car is a looker. I actualy got chills when i saw it. and i have NEVER gotten chills from a car before.

now this car has an MSRP in the 70's but it was marked up to 94k. I made a mental note to see what i could do about that, pending i fell in love on the test drive.

And i did.

The car flies. its like everything else slows down. but its not like Corvettes i have driven, or even vipers. everything slows down, but you dont feel like your moving at speeds that would cause you to loose a bit of control. i got the beast up to 95 on the test drive and didnt realize i was over 50. it glides. its hard to explain, but its as if the car feels the same at 10 mph as it does at 100mph. i fell in love.

as soon as i got back to the lot, the numbers game began.

i have limit of 83K, so that was my final card. but of course, i wouldnt let THEM know that.

after (no joke) over an hour and a half of negotiating i was down to 85k. but about that time, an elderly man walks in and buys the car for 94k without so much as walking out to see it.

damn old people. haha.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:33 PM

.....money talks everything walks..was showned here. welll at least you got to drive a GTR. not many people wil get their hand behind the wheel to tme Godzilla
Old 08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
GTR Senior Member

Wow, I can't believe they let you take it for a spin...i test drove an M6 today...and think it's a waste of money compared to the GTR.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by winkie
Wow, I can't believe they let you take it for a spin...i test drove an M6 today...and think it's a waste of money compared to the GTR.
Yea, the M5 is the best out of the group IMO.

jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear reffered to it as 'Biblically fast'

and i can attest to that... the M5 is one of the only cars that also has that gliding through air while going faster than any human should feeling, along with the GTR
Old 08-20-2008, 09:26 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaro371
Yea, the M5 is the best out of the group IMO.

jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear reffered to it as 'Biblically fast'

and i can attest to that... the M5 is one of the only cars that also has that gliding through air while going faster than any human should feeling, along with the GTR
Yeah, the M6 I drove was a convertible ( ) and only had a hundred miles on it, so it only had 400 of the 500 hp available on it (after the break in period the allow all 500 hp to be utilized).
Old 08-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by winkie
Yeah, the M6 I drove was a convertible ( ) and only had a hundred miles on it, so it only had 400 of the 500 hp available on it (after the break in period the allow all 500 hp to be utilized).

yea, if you get the chance id go play with an M5. its a cool feeling. its more like your in a jet rather than a car.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:23 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaro371
yea, if you get the chance id go play with an M5. its a cool feeling. its more like your in a jet rather than a car.
Yeah, I prefer the M5 personally over the M6. But, I was actually test driving the car for my friend...not for me. I prefer the GTR way more than the M6 or M5.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
GTR Member

Did they give you any fuss about test driving it? I'm surprise they did. I know what you mean though about the car's look, still prefer the R34 styling. Something tells me your be driving this thing this time next year
Old 08-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ultima00
Did they give you any fuss about test driving it? I'm surprise they did. I know what you mean though about the car's look, still prefer the R34 styling. Something tells me your be driving this thing this time next year

one can dream

nah they didnt give me too much of a fuss... mostly because i drove in with a porsche ha....... im sure it would have been a different story if i drove in with an Accord.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:44 PM
GTR Senior Member

nice test drive experience. I have yet to drive one. Your account corroborates what many reviews describe, ie, how the car is alarmingly stable, fast, and razor sharp.

Quick Reply: Just Test Drove the new GTR