General General forums for the GTR community.

hennessey performance GT-R!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Atlblkz06
Thats easy, just go to viperalley and read his foul-mouthed posts.

I respect what he has done with the Vipers, but if he think hes God's gift to the tuner's world, he can eat $&*! and die. He talks crap about others without any basis at all. I cant stand him.
yeah the word is definately getting around on the forums but I meant that im just surprised that word hasnt spread around more outside of the forums
Old 04-02-2008, 10:46 AM

Oh oops, guess I didnt read it right!

Well there is really no way to tell. Everyone talks good things about em, and what can be more terrifying than an 8.4L big block with 2 hulking turbos and 4 digit dyno numbers?

As someone said, the mags still talk well about him.

I'm sure hes a good tuner, but too bad hes an ******* to boot!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Atlblkz06
Oh oops, guess I didnt read it right!

Well there is really no way to tell. Everyone talks good things about em, and what can be more terrifying than an 8.4L big block with 2 hulking turbos and 4 digit dyno numbers?

As someone said, the mags still talk well about him.

I'm sure hes a good tuner, but too bad hes an ******* to boot!
haha yeah i guess i couldve made myself a little more clear but oh well...he is definately an excellent tuner cuz everything in the mags and everything else explains for itself with the numbers he puts up and how well they perform but then again im just going by what is said in articles and shows...theres a fine line though when it comes to being an ******* and being unprofessional about it
Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 AM

Wow, it seems Hennessey is getting a pretty bad wrap, I have heard alot of the stuff that has been going around and about all the drama in the past. We have done business with the guy since 98 and he has always delivered on time with much satisfaction. We had a 08 Viper shipped to him and come back to us with a 650RR package in less than a week. We are getting 2 GTR's and both are most likely going to Mr. Hennessey himself. You guys can say whatever you want but when it comes down to numbers he does hold the world record for the standing mile !! Even through this tuning drama you have to admit he knows how to tune a car.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
GTR Senior Member

Well from what I understand is that he takes care of his Texas friends but outside of TX you are "fair game"
Old 05-22-2008, 05:28 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by SodyClack
Wow, it seems Hennessey is getting a pretty bad wrap, I have heard alot of the stuff that has been going around and about all the drama in the past. We have done business with the guy since 98 and he has always delivered on time with much satisfaction. We had a 08 Viper shipped to him and come back to us with a 650RR package in less than a week. We are getting 2 GTR's and both are most likely going to Mr. Hennessey himself. You guys can say whatever you want but when it comes down to numbers he does hold the world record for the standing mile !! Even through this tuning drama you have to admit he knows how to tune a car.

Good to hear some positive stuff...we look forward to see what they can do for the GTR!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:00 PM
GTR Senior Member

Well from what I understand is that he takes care of his Texas friends but outside of TX you are "fair game"
any backup or examples of this?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:21 PM
GTR Member

I say wait for

http://www.haltech.com/

check it out.

They already ran an 11.1 at 124 mph with just an ECU and have not finished tuning it.

Wait a few weeks and they will release it.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:06 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748
any backup or examples of this?
“If you were out of state, man you were fair game,” said Kyle Kent, a former employee at Hennessey Motorsports. When an out-of-state car came in it was sometimes parted out, with the wheels, tires and whatever else looked good going to other cars waiting to be finished or sold outright, according to Kent and others inside Hennessey Motorsports. Then Hennessey would call the car’s owner and try to sell him an upgraded kit. If the customer balked, Hennessey would take parts from other cars in the shop, or just let the job sit.

This is from the second page of the Cherokee STR8 thread.
Here is the link
Old 05-23-2008, 03:48 PM
GTR Senior Member

“If you were out of state, man you were fair game,” said Kyle Kent, a former employee at Hennessey Motorsports. When an out-of-state car came in it was sometimes parted out, with the wheels, tires and whatever else looked good going to other cars waiting to be finished or sold outright, according to Kent and others inside Hennessey Motorsports. Then Hennessey would call the car’s owner and try to sell him an upgraded kit. If the customer balked, Hennessey would take parts from other cars in the shop, or just let the job sit.
that really sucks, why difference in customer treatment? distance and you can't complain as easily to his face?

Quick Reply: hennessey performance GT-R!!!!