General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR waiting list

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 07:00 PM

you don't have to, you can always find it at MSRP, just check states like Montana and such or wait till the winter and buy one in New Hampshire when they can't give them away. Dealers in Pittsburgh were selling new 350Z's under sticker when they came out. Dealers down here in florida wanted like 8K over sticker. Its all in where you buy it.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:32 PM
GTR Member

If you want to see a recent history of a $70,000 car selling for over MSRP just go to Corvetteforum.com and check out the numerous threads in the C6 ZO6 forum.

There were numerous people willing to pay $10,000 - $20,000 over MSRP which drove the market up. Some dealers charged just over msrp and a select few actually charged msrp.

To make a long story short, it takes a lot of phone calls, but the deals are out there.

The problem I see is that Nissan dealers aren't used to selling expensive, highly sophisticated sports cars. They will over-react and treat the car like it is a Ferrari. (i.e. no test drives, big mark-ups, probally won't even let you sit in it without a credit check...LOL!)

-AL
Old 08-26-2006, 09:03 PM

yes, I am on the corvette forum as I own a corvette at the present time, I remember there was a dealer in Montana that was selling for quite good deals. Its just about looking around for them and buying in winter in a state where it snows. sports cars don't sell well in the winter.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:24 PM
GTR Senior Member

we may see a feeding frenzy for the GTR after all. the rollout is excruciatingly slow and painful.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:08 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by bonzelite
we may see a feeding frenzy for the GTR after all. the rollout is excruciatingly slow and painful.
Yes, it will be interesting. I'm sure that demand will outstrip production for at least the first year.

I just wonder what the long term sales will look like. The new GTR is in a unique niche. It is a high tech 2 door 2+2 seat sports coupe, with 450+hp, aimed at the luxury GT market. It will fit in somewhere between the BMW M3 and the Porsche turbo.

The problem is the Marque. Using the Nissan name might put off the potential BMW, Porche, and Mercedes AMG types after the newness factor wears off. I wish Nissan good luck. It will be cool to finally have a production GTR in the states.

-AL
Old 08-27-2006, 09:56 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by HellBent
Yes, it will be interesting. I'm sure that demand will outstrip production for at least the first year.

I just wonder what the long term sales will look like. The new GTR is in a unique niche. It is a high tech 2 door 2+2 seat sports coupe, with 450+hp, aimed at the luxury GT market. It will fit in somewhere between the BMW M3 and the Porsche turbo.

The problem is the Marque. Using the Nissan name might put off the potential BMW, Porche, and Mercedes AMG types after the newness factor wears off. I wish Nissan good luck. It will be cool to finally have a production GTR in the states.

-AL
thats what im hoping.... it's rolling out Spring 2008 and I hope to get it in Winter/Fall 2008... I'll wait...

-shahul
Old 08-27-2006, 09:57 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by robl45
you don't have to, you can always find it at MSRP, just check states like Montana and such or wait till the winter and buy one in New Hampshire when they can't give them away. Dealers in Pittsburgh were selling new 350Z's under sticker when they came out. Dealers down here in florida wanted like 8K over sticker. Its all in where you buy it.
PA isnt too far from me.... thanks for the tip, ive been looking in the Wash DC metro area...

-Shahul
Old 11-03-2007, 09:36 AM

Ive been working with a big dealer here in Texas, I reserved the first 3 GTRs theyll be getting. (one for myself, two for my car dealer friend). remember not every dealer will be able to sell GTRs so make sure they can if you really want one!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by chimmaera
Ive been working with a big dealer here in Texas, I reserved the first 3 GTRs theyll be getting. (one for myself, two for my car dealer friend). remember not every dealer will be able to sell GTRs so make sure they can if you really want one!
Wow how many GT-Rs is Nissan planning to sell monthly in the United States? I think it could easily be the biggest market, may be bigger than Japan?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:50 AM
GTR Senior Member

Hey, buddy, Shahul. Didn't know you were on here, too. Good to see you

Quick Reply: GTR waiting list