General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR vs new M3

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 PM
GTRForums Staff

GTR vs new M3

Well there are lots of "VS" threads and discussion, so i figured I would bring up another good one. The new m3 sports well over 400hp, its is possible the only competitor with equal practicality, slightly cheaper, and although not equal, still has similar performance. All this without a silly markup.

For me personally, I will wait for the GTR, but the M3 does pose a good alternative option. Lets hear some thoughts.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:00 PM
GTR Member

Being an M3 fan myself, I would agree that it is a great alternative to a GT-R since it does have more practicality and great performance. It was a car I was looking at as an option, until i saw the GT-R at the LA Auto Show, in which i was completely sold on the car. The GT-R simply out classes the M3 in performance and, in my opinion, still will once the CSL version of the M3 comes out. In addition I think that the finish on the GT-R is better than that of the M3. The M3's finish just does not look as well done as the GT-R's, but of course that is just my opinion.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=191540

This M3 forum has had the discussion of this topic already so it may be good insight for some people. (WARNING) Some members in that forums are big M and Porsche fans so be ready for some bias opinions.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:04 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Oglethorp
(WARNING) Some members in that forums are big M and Porsche fans so be ready for some bias opinions.
Thanks for the warning!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 PM
GTR Member

I am a beemer guy... and the new M3 does nothing for me. I will wait for a M1, as I think a true BMW M car should have a I6. i own a E36 M3 and it is the purest drivers car I have ever driven. I think BMW is getting away from that and I am sad about it.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:24 AM
spt
GTR Senior Member

I agree with Scott on the fact that the e36 was the last of the true M3's that had more sport then luxury.

My opinion is that the new M3 is a totally different car then the GTR. Meaning if I were looking for an all out performer I would go with the GTR. If I wanted a luxurious sports car that had great performance then I would go with the M3.