General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR vs..............

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:38 PM
GTR Member

GTR vs..............

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122409

On this forums someone scanned the CAR magazine article featuring the Audi R8, Porche 911 Turbo, BMW M3, and none other then the Nissan GTR. It is in line with the Turbo vs GTR video we have seen, but much more detailed. Interesting results of the test since we actually see some data logged for a change. I hope you all enjoy.

PS: If someone wants to copy the article and post it here they can *cough* spt *cough* I don't know how to
Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 PM

After reading the M3 bulletin board in that link.. I see this so often on car bulletin boards that ive grown to expect it. Someone posts on X brand car forums about the new A brand car. X brand fanatics downplay the new A brand car, even though its cheaper, makes more power because of these reasons: Its ugly It has a cheap interior Its going to break down a lot more than our X brand cars Its always the same three responses, regardless of what type of new car is kicking the older cars ***'s.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by modernceo
After reading the M3 bulletin board in that link.. I see this so often on car bulletin boards that ive grown to expect it. Someone posts on X brand car forums about the new A brand car. X brand fanatics downplay the new A brand car, even though its cheaper, makes more power because of these reasons: Its ugly It has a cheap interior Its going to break down a lot more than our X brand cars Its always the same three responses, regardless of what type of new car is kicking the older cars ***'s.
+1
Old 03-01-2008, 09:28 PM
GTR Member

+2. My Honda Torneo SiR (Beater car) owns all cars.... Oh, wait I am not in the Honda forums... BTW, I have never been on any Honda forums.

-Nate

Last edited by GTRNate; 03-01-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:08 PM
GTR Member

+3. Though I did knot intend for the other forums to be brought up (just wanted to show the mag review) ALOT of forums, whether it be BMW, Porche, Vette's etc, lots of bias can and WILL be showed. Brand loyalty is brought to the table like never before. I have been on an M3 forum a while and have NEVER seen so much objection to any care before like the GTR. There are quite a few people who do look at these articles and think of them objectively, and would concede that their car is not as good but would still choose their own, which is great. However there are countless cases like modernceo said; cheap, ugly etc, that they refuse to accept some facts that they got flat out beat. I think we just happen to be in the band wagon that is not being stopped, and it will end soon. In fact I kind of hope Porsche/BMW/Vette and company make a car that is better then the GTR for the sake of keeping their name atop the board. Of course this is just my humble opinion.

PS: And when they do they will have a V-Spec to answer to
Old 03-01-2008, 10:14 PM
GTR Member

+4
Old 03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
GTR Senior Member

that's still that same white gtr that's in 5th gear, and the driving experiance article, it's everywhere!

cool read

what i take out of it:

it's an awesome time to be into cars, there's so much available right now
Old 03-02-2008, 09:24 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748
that's still that same white gtr that's in 5th gear, and the driving experiance article, it's everywhere!
I know...what's up with the castrol and edge stickers on it? That car is getting an interesting break in.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:39 AM
GTR Member

it really does get annoying seeing them talk crap about the GT-R, and not except that Nissan has built a super car that can beat there poor little porsche. They always try to make excuses to why it beat them, i just hope one day they will except it..
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by GTRwannabe
i just hope one day they will except it..
personally i don't care if they do