General General forums for the GTR community.

A Day With The GTR

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:43 AM
spt
GTR Senior Member

A Day With The GTR

Check it out (More Pics and Video): CLICK ME

What a day! After enduring the weather apocalypse that caused massive amounts of power outages (including my house) and left a path of down tree branches and other debris, it was nice to see something like the GTR. I won’t bore you with the details since there are thousands of articles about this car. Seeing this car in person really is a different story all together then what you see in the magazines. It is a big car and takes up a lot of real estate on the road. On more narrow roads you almost have to pull off onto the grass to let other cars pass through.

Inside the car, it’s everything you would expect from a sports car. The ride was stiff (even in comfort mode) and when you flip the switch to sport mode, you almost have to brace for body shock going over some of the tiniest bumps. The transmission is loud and you can clearly hear it under hard acceleration or even driving normally around town. As far as engine performance, this thing is FREAKING FAST! From a stand still or even rolling this thing just pulls without any hesitation or the slightest feel of power drop off. Other then my extremely modified Evo, I’ve never felt something with this much power coming straight from the factory.

On GTRForums.com many question the everyday practicality of this car. I have to say that it will work as a daily driver but with consequences. This thing feels like a race car. It’s stiff, loud, powerful, and will be a force to reckon with. Driving in traffic for me would get old and taking any sort of passengers by trying to fit them in the back seats would require a miracle but doable if you have short legged friends. Also one thing I’ve notice is the amount of dudes who recognize the car and go crazy every time you drive by. I guess that’s cool, but I was hoping to see more girls then guys, guess you can’t have everything.

One thing that does sit in the back of my mind is if the GTR is this incredible, imagine what the Spec V would be like…

(More Pics and Video): CLICK ME

Last edited by spt; 06-08-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:53 PM

wow..
how does it feel from inside? how the spool is?
Old 06-06-2008, 02:18 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Spool was extremely quick without lag. The tires kept braking traction each time the car accelerated from a stand still. One thing I had to do was to keep my head back on the head rest during acceleration. It was neck breaking fast.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:26 PM

Congrat. on the new ride
Old 06-06-2008, 03:49 PM

congradulations man, you are envied by many people
Old 06-06-2008, 03:53 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Thanks guys but this isn't my car. I just got a chance to see it in person. As crazy as it may sounds, I'm going to tough it out and try to get the V-Spec. This car is amazing but I can only imagine what the V-Spec will offer.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:36 AM
GTR Senior Member

that's really cool ali, i'm a bit jealous
Old 06-07-2008, 12:41 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748
that's really cool ali, i'm a bit jealous
what he said...
Old 06-07-2008, 09:38 PM

good write-up, thanks for keeping it honest. That thing is loud inside, but the car is a beast and thats enough of a compromise for me.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:13 AM
GTR Senior Member

good write-up, thanks for keeping it honest. That thing is loud inside, but the car is a beast and thats enough of a compromise for me.
your evo's probably pretty loud as well inside too, right?

Quick Reply: A Day With The GTR