General General forums for the GTR community.

Corvette ZR1 trumps GTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:54 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by dangonay

Why do you think this is?
In all your "research", did you notice which mags used the launch control to obtain the 0-60 times??

Ring times and the stig offer better comparos (IMO) than the magazines anyways...that's not to say that I completely disregard the magazines. They still offer good comparisons, but i have found lots of flaws in their methodology. One would be foolish to throw all trust in those comparisons.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:27 PM
GTR Member

Its always going to be battle for a better time. It will continue to flipflop between companies. The GTR will stand as my favorite no matter who holds the lap record.
________
Medical Marijuana

Last edited by nissan34; 03-04-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:34 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by NissanR35
So if the Z06 has a 9sec advantage in accelerating (about 1-2sec while on a track on the straights) then why is it 13 sec slower than the gtr? There is proof that the car does a sub 12sec time. There is a video online of a guy doing it in 11.8 at 121mph on US soil.
13 seconds slower where? I never said the GTR wasnt capable of sub 12 sec 1/4 mile times. There are also videos of guy in stock Z06s running high 10s, what your point. In the test with the ACR, GTR, GT2 and Z06, the Z06 is the only car not running good tires for a track event.

Anybody know if that statement about using lanch control and losing your warantee is true?
Old 07-06-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by winkie
In all your "research", did you notice which mags used the launch control to obtain the 0-60 times??

Ring times and the stig offer better comparos (IMO) than the magazines anyways...that's not to say that I completely disregard the magazines. They still offer good comparisons, but i have found lots of flaws in their methodology. One would be foolish to throw all trust in those comparisons.
Did you actually read my post? I was speaking specifically about Car & Driver and the fact they have tested several GTR's. They made comments themselves in their articles wondering why the cars were running such inconsistent times. They brought it up - I'm just repeating what they've noticed.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by ZOsixTT
Anybody know if that statement about using lanch control and losing your warantee is true?
I don't think it would void the warranty. It's a feature the manufacturer has implemented so how could they then void warranty if you use that feature? More likely is that they'd remove launch control altogether.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by dangonay
Did you actually read my post? I was speaking specifically about Car & Driver and the fact they have tested several GTR's. They made comments themselves in their articles wondering why the cars were running such inconsistent times. They brought it up - I'm just repeating what they've noticed.
Sorry, but I don't look at commercialized magazines for "facts" regarding cars (not to say that they aren't useful though); hence I'm unfamiliar with these specific results. Did they specifically state that in each of those tests they all used launch control? Because if they didn't, then I would see why there is such a difference in their times. People usually think that launching an AWD car is easier than RWD, but without launch control AWD cars are notorious for differing times, especially the 60 foot times in the quarter mile. On the other hand, if they all were properly using launch control and there are still wide ranges of times, then I am very surprised. Most of the reviews that I've encountered have raved about the GTR's consistancy, not lack thereof. Personally though, I'll reserve my judgement till I have track time in one.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

The new Car and Driver tested the GTR and came up with a 4.0+ 0-60 time.

ouch.

of course, the winner of the challenge was another american car.

the viper ACR.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned

Sorry, but I don't look at commercialized magazines for "facts" regarding cars

HA!!!!!

so you look at rumors over the internet???

Nissan cant even get its HP numbers straight. why not belive the people that have nothing to gain/loose by rating these cars.

what are you a sheep?

Nissan says it does 300mph. It does 300 mph.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:27 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by congoman775
The new Car and Driver tested the GTR and came up with a 4.0+ 0-60 time.

ouch.

of course, the winner of the challenge was another american car.

the viper ACR.

OUCH!>.. this poor fool...

If i saw the video Correctly THe GTR WON 1st place..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cyesMboupuU

There you go just to shut your mouth.. But i know it wont close cause you say apples taste like oranges... Ignorance man..Its a Bliss with you
Old 07-07-2008, 04:12 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by winkie
Personally though, I'll reserve my judgement till I have track time in one.
Nice try, but re-read my last statement. Thank you, come again.

Quick Reply: Corvette ZR1 trumps GTR