General General forums for the GTR community.

Corvette ZR1 trumps GTR

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:16 PM

i think nissan knows about other factories like chevy, porsche, toyota
will respond for the gtr..
thats why they have the spec V..
the stock gtr vs z06 in the Nur = 13sec difference
with the stock Gtr having 700lbs more..
what will a lighter, and more powerful GTR will do??
its simple as
1+1=11 lol
________
extreme vaporizer review

Last edited by althani; 01-18-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:28 PM
GTR Member

Hey you must be the smartest kid at your college... Cars that have alot of horsepower that run slow times right>? Again your ignorance shines beyond everyones expectations..

Let me show you how Math works..

GTR = 7:29
Z06 = 7:43
ZR1 = 7:26
You think they will make a Spec V.. Which IS THE SAME CAR!.. with more horsepower and Lighter parts and better design.. AND MAKE IT SLOWER!??!? what is wrong with you? when your heard the ZR1 was coming out did u think it was gonna run slower the Z06? how stupid are your really?? because im waiting for another retarded post by you that makes no sense at all now..

SPEC V > ZR1 deal with it... Its not even out and everyone knows it will beat the ZR1 because like the post before this one SAYS! 1 + 1 . SIMPLE MATH

ZR1 is 3 seconds faster then a car that is 3900 pounds and has 180 less HP.. Wait till the Spec V hands Chevy its *** .

Originally Posted by congoman775
im not ignorant and im not against the GTR.

i am a fan of American Cars and Japanese cars. i really dont care which one wins, but again, if you look at the high performance cars which have run the ring' before, more hp. and lighter weight doesnt always mean a better time.

it will be fast but i would be genuinly suprised if it came out on top, especially as Porsche is now designing a New 911 for the sole purpose of taking back the ring.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:40 PM
GTR Senior Member

I think the ZR1 will get better times with better drivers, and i also think that the V spec will provide some crazy fast times. The more competition there is at the ring, the faster cars are gonna get...so let the ZR1 bring on faster times to raise the bar.

Keep in mind that the ZR1 did get put into the wall on it's second lap attempt to beat the GTR time...(this is according to a corvette forum, I haven't found the actual report on this).

In my opinion the GTR (v spec) has more room to get faster times than the ZR1...

Last edited by winkie; 06-29-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:39 PM
GTR Member

As you probaly know by now the Corvette ZR1 just recorded a lap time of 7:26.

but the thing about that lap time was.. it was WITHOUT a proffessional driver. GM looks to take another 2-3 seconds off that time with a real driver.

your thoughts?
ZR1-Z06-C6
GTR

The Corvette is already on the 3rd stage when the GTR is on its 1st. C6 does not even have a posted time, beats the Z06 by 13sec and loses to the ZR1 by 3 sec with similar specs to a race car.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Banned

i never said it would be slower.

you call me stupid? learn how to read.

but the GTR-V hasnt done ANYTHING yet, so worship it all you want, but it has accomplished the same as my Accord.

oh and thank you for helping me decide on which car to invest in. With the people who love this car being such tools i can only imagine how horrible it would be to be associated with you.

i would be genuinly embarrassed.

ill come back with my porsche and leave you guys a nice comment when your picking up the pieces of your jap crap again talking about "The next one"
Old 06-30-2008, 02:43 AM
GTR Member

Rofl he is gonna go from a Accord to a porsche. Nice...

i never said it would be slower.

you call me stupid? learn how to read.

but the GTR-V hasnt done ANYTHING yet, so worship it all you want, but it has accomplished the same as my Accord.

oh and thank you for helping me decide on which car to invest in. With the people who love this car being such tools i can only imagine how horrible it would be to be associated with you.

i would be genuinly embarrassed.

ill come back with my porsche and leave you guys a nice comment when your picking up the pieces of your jap crap again talking about "The next one"
Old 06-30-2008, 04:02 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
Rofl he is gonna go from a Accord to a porsche. Nice...
...keep dreaming about anything better than your 94 accord. Maybe, just MAYBE your next car will be an altima!

You expect people to bow down to a ZR1 on a GTR forum? Are you really that impaired? I've been level headed regarding the ZR1, and like I already mentioned; it's a great car. But the ZR1 will reach terminal velocity well before the GTR.

The same flaming (but worse) happens daily over on the corvette forums when someone brings up the GTR. Please pull your brain out of your rear end. You make yourself and ZR1 fan boys look like .
Old 06-30-2008, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by winkie
...keep dreaming about anything better than your 94 accord. Maybe, just MAYBE your next car will be an altima!

You expect people to bow down to a ZR1 on a GTR forum? Are you really that impaired? I've been level headed regarding the ZR1, and like I already mentioned; it's a great car. But the ZR1 will reach terminal velocity well before the GTR.

The same flaming (but worse) happens daily over on the corvette forums when someone brings up the GTR. Please pull your brain out of your rear end. You make yourself and ZR1 fan boys look like .

________
iolite vaporizer review

Last edited by althani; 01-18-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Banned

Actualy my father bought me that car for my 16th.

ive already got a Z06, but its modded to the pt. where id be LOOKING to line up against a GTR.

but jesus chrissssst.

wont nissan come out and just tell everyone that stupid car has 550-600 hp??? or are they just going to pretend that its that fast due to "technology"
Old 06-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned

by the way ricer.

id be SHOCKED if there was any trash talking being done in a corvette forum about the GTR these days.

i mean what would you say??

uhhhhhhh.... our car comes in automatic!!!!

Quick Reply: Corvette ZR1 trumps GTR