General General forums for the GTR community.

Can this be true...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:05 PM
GTR Member

Can this be true...

I received a call from my dealer here in NYC that they have received word that the car should be coming in on June 10th. Is there any possibility that this could be true?
Old 05-30-2008, 02:12 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

To my understanding the cars can't be released until the sales people and mechanics go through "training" which is scheduled for late June early July. This came from a Nissan rep but it could be BS.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:42 PM
GTR Senior Member

Either way, it's getting really close.

I'm excited and I'm not even buying one (if only I had the money.)
Old 05-30-2008, 04:02 PM
GTR Member

Exactly thats why when I heard my sales rep say that I went crazy. Another quick question is anyone who ordered there car afraid that before the car is given to the owner everyone and there mother will try the car out first. I was thinking about that, say the car comes in on the 10th and I don't get it till the 20th say all these mechanics and sales guy could beat the sh@t out of the car for 10 days. Do you think there is anyway to prevent this?

Last edited by otakm45; 05-30-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:22 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by otakm45
Exactly thats why when I heard my sales rep say that I went crazy. Another quick question is anyone who ordered there car afraid that before the car is given to the owner everyone and there mother will try the car out first. I was thinking about that, say the car comes in on the 10th and I don't get it till the 20th say all these mechanics and sales guy could beat the sh@t out of the car for 10 days. Do you think there is anyway to prevent this?

You could probably request the dealer that you want to make sure your car isn't test driven by anyone but the manufacturer. Either way I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 PM

If you put a deposit down, and the financing is done, the car is sold and belongs to you. What's my point....keep an eye out! The dealers buddies just might what to cop-a-feel

Just a guess, but if there is more than 100 miles on the OD, the car may have been violated.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:14 PM
GTR Senior Member

Just a guess, but if there is more than 100 miles on the OD, the car may have been violated.
don't most new cars have less than 10, i guess there is the break in that nissan does, do they re-set the odo. after doing that?

a "new" car with 100 miles is very very questionable, i probably would refuse to take delivery on it and ask for another one
Old 06-01-2008, 06:34 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748
don't most new cars have less than 10, i guess there is the break in that nissan does, do they re-set the odo. after doing that?

a "new" car with 100 miles is very very questionable, i probably would refuse to take delivery on it and ask for another one
^^^ I agree....
Old 06-02-2008, 10:13 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by rmatt8748

Also agree...
Old 06-02-2008, 02:51 PM
GTR Member

if the care has more then 10 miles, i wouldn't touch it. I also thought about this earlier because when i was going to purchase my BMW 540 it had 14 miles on it and i learned from my father then to refuse it. MY dad basically told the dealer to find him another one in the color i wanted because we would not take a car with 14 miles on it. 3~7 ish miles is perfect and if it has 7~10 i guess you could say the mechanic drove it just to see if its up to PAR from the training he received and what not. But again if it has over 10 i wouldn't touch it.

WHen i purchased my Evo 8 MR i became really good friends with my local dealer over time because i went there so much due to the MR tranny issues. I heard from the many employees there that they would take out the evolutions before they sold them they raped the **** out of them. One of the guys told me he took his son to Drive one and his son like raped it to see what it has and launched it and drove it crazy and burned clutch.

SO i know now that not to trust dealerships if the mileage is questionable.

I even called my dealership a few days ago and asked my saled person how many miles he thought the car should have, and he told me no more then 9 to 10 himself.

ty for reading

Quick Reply: Can this be true...