Engine & Turbo Tech | Engine Management | Tranny Tech Technical talk about Factory, Aftermarket Turbo'd Applications, Motor related topics, Engine Management, and Transmission.

Rb heLp

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 04:34 PM

Angry Rb heLp

ok so hers the situation I have an rb26dett powerd silvia recntly my idle has been acting up when the motors cold the idle would bounce around from around 900-1300 or so. The car would also randomly stall on me while im off the gas comeing to a stop or truning. When the car is doing this odd idle it runs CRAZY ritch and puffs nasty black smoke out the back of the car. About two days ago I hade a flat tire. I went to move the car into my garage when it fired up fine but when I started to back out it stalled I figured this was one of the normal stalls so I tryed to restart but couldint I figured my battery was weak as this is a common problem aswell. so I changed the tires on my driveway where it died. once I was done I hooked the car up to another and tried to start. but nothing happend the car was turning over but the motor isint fireing. I have plenty of voltage to fire the car so power isint the problem. any sugestions on what could be my problem I have a feeling these two problems are linked some how any help would be nice thanks.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:53 PM

how long has the motor been installed and how long was it running fine until this occured?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:51 AM

not sure y it turns off and wat not tis happened to my mates rb20det r31 it might
just possibly need a tune... but try pumping the accelerator when your turning it on....