Brakes, Suspension, and Wheel Tech Technical discussions about brakes, suspension and wheels.

HELP: Clicking sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 AM

Exclamation HELP: Clicking sound

I'm a newbie so please don't destroy me if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I have a 2009 Nissan GT-R with about 2500 miles.
When I turn the steering wheel all the way to the right or left
while the car is in motion, there is a clicking sound coming from the front. I can't identify the exact origin. It sounds just like a bad cv joint, but that is not the problem as Nissan has already replaced the left side which didn't reduce or change the noise. Can anyone comment on this problem? I am waiting for Nissan to come up with the next step.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:31 PM

Welcome to the GTR World. I had the same issue. The Hudson Nissan blame it on a minor accident and said that the insurance should cover it. the insurance refused they said it is none of their business cuz they supposedly fixed the car. they kept sending me back and forth between Atlanta where the body shop is and the dealer Hudson Nissan in SC. after almost 9 months the dealer decided to fix it for me. they said the suspension is broken. I had the same exact problem just as u described.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 PM

It sounds like you had a much worse time of it than I have. Did it fix the problem? Does your paperwork say what exactly they did to fix your "suspension"? I don't have a lot of confidence in my local shop diagnosing the problem.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:33 PM

the dealer did fix it after I had a heated argument. I told them u can keep the car as long as u want and that I am not gonna drive it again unless u fix it. I even dropped the car without checking in for service and gave the keys for a worker their to give it to the general manager. This is how pissed i was. The car hydroplaned just 20 minutes before i reached the dealer. I was driving from Statesboro , GA to Charleston in SC. The car was acting weird. I was going slower than average when a crazy 18 wheeler appeared in the pouring rain behind me. my car was swerving at speed of around 60 and the truck driver was right behind me. I was trying to keep a distance between me and him I went slightly fast to around 70 mph thats when the car went side way in the ditch.

Even after the car is fixed I would never drive it again when it is raining. In fact, to make my roommate believe me, I asked him to drive it from the body shop in Atlanta . it was rainy. He could not go faster than 60 mph cuz the car kept swerving. the front tires are brand new. the rear ones have half life. now I am trying to find the best rain tires. I dont care about any other time other than raining.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:26 PM

clicking noise from front tires when turning

I had the same problem- my dealer researched it and Nissan knows all about it.
the solution is to use scotch brite pad to clean the wheel to hub interface- the noise goes away!.. Mine returned a few weeks later and I did it myself and then put a very thin layer of anti-seize paste on the mating surfaces- no more problem!!
this issue has been brought up in this forms before.
jh
Old 06-02-2010, 04:20 AM

follow up on clicking noise

Well- the anti seize worked wonderfully so far- No clicking or any noises at all
try it!!!
The dealer still says it is "not approved" but I see no down side.
jh
Old 06-09-2010, 01:06 PM

HI there this is the only cure. Clean the wheel to hub interface. Remove the disc clean the hub to disc surfaces with scotch brite and apply a little anti-seize compound and refit. DO NOT APPLY ANY COMPOUND TO DISC TO WHEEL interface. Torque the wheels to 149Nm

Last edited by Speedsingh; 07-05-2010 at 04:10 PM.