GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/off-topic-28/)
-   -   anti-theft devices (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/off-topic-28/anti-theft-devices-170/)

bonzelite 06-11-2005 05:19 PM

anti-theft devices

my maxima was broken into recently, and this has piqued my awareness of how vulnerable even an older, non-listed-to-be-widely-stolen car is to theft.

the theif even f$%cked up my ignition lock, breaking it somehow, making it permanently locked. i believe they must have tried to start the car, but failed -- so my car may have been targeted to be driven off!

all they made out with was some change i keep in the cigarette tray for parking meters (i don't smoke). in their hurry, the vandal managed to miss the $10 "emergency money" i keep elsewhere in the car out of obvious sight. so they really didn't get jack sh!t from me.

but this raises an eyebrow: i think i'm going to hunker-down and get gnarly with some changes to my car(s).

just briefly examining this anti-theft area has me convinced of layers of protection, ultimately protected by an immobilization system, like a "Triad 2," or "Autowatch 573PPi."

besides visual/ aural deterrents like lights and beeps, can anyone here offer some discussion on this?

Real GTR 06-12-2005 08:58 AM

Compustar makes a great 2 way pager system alarm works up to a mile and a half. It has a screen that attaches to your key chain, it shows what part of your car is being messed with if triggred.

On some models it has up to 3 extra imputs so you can add like a prox sensor or anything else u may need. It alreadt has a built in turbo timer:D in the alarm that will work on sticks or autos.

Theres also http://www.bluewatersecurityprofessi.../Products.html they sel GPS tracking units if you want to get fancy there around 3-5 hundred but easy to install. And monitering can be as little a 5 bucks a month. This is the cheepest plase i have found on GPS and they use the same equipment as everyone else.

spt 06-23-2005 11:22 PM

I had a Clifford alarm on my old car. It had nice features which included a prox sensor, etc. The only problem I had with the prox sensor was while it kept thieves from breaking into the car, it did provoke vandalism (someone put a small dent on the side). People would try to set it off on purpose because they accidentally got too close to the car and the loud warning beep pissed them off. :p

bonzelite 06-23-2005 11:27 PM

if it's not one thing, it's another. and other cliche's.

jorgea 03-25-2012 09:21 AM

anti-theft

I think that is a smart move to make. Let us know what you add as an addition.

__________________________________________________ __________
find cheap flights | find cheap airline tickets | cheap air travel tips | cheap flight search cheap plane tickets | free flash games | free online games | converting to islam | convert to islam | mercury poisoning treatment mercury detox | safe mercury detoxification | detox diets for weight loss foods that burn belly fat | cancer treatment cancer treatments | cheap airfare deals | how to lose weight fast | lead poisoning antidote | lead poisoning treatment |
adult autism treatment |
autism treatment |
autism treatments |
autism cure

bonzelite 03-25-2012 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by jorgea (Post 10033)
I think that is a smart move to make. Let us know what you add as an addition.

LOL wow, that was 7 years ago :rofl: I miss that car. It was totaled in an accident I had on Ventura Boulevard about 4 years ago during the winter season. I got rear-ended by a BMW suv, a lady hit me. Even though it was only a 3rd gen Maxima I miss it. It was a fun car. It was all modded and tight. In an odd way thanks for updating the thread. Strange indeed!

bonzelite 03-25-2012 10:47 AM

by the way, why do you have all of these sales links on your sig?