GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   GTRForums News & Rumors (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/)
-   -   Official Pictures released from Nissan! (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/official-pictures-released-nissan-679/)

CharlesJ 10-26-2007 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by anonymous_ (Post 3738)
From the interior picks the stick looks like an auto or manu-matic stick. Hope that they install a somewhat normal 6 speed for this thing...

True, a standard shift would be nice, but this twin clutch paddle shift they have is pretty much as good as it gets. Ferrari has gone away from standard shifts in many of their cars in favor of this. It is a true manual in ever sense except that the clutch is a electronically activated.

The other problem which is pretty small is that because its a rear mounted transaxles, they would have to do another completely new designed transaxle and sifter system

eRRic 10-26-2007 08:56 AM

well with as technologically advanced as this car is going to be i couldnt see them going any other way than this route...i would have hoped for a true sequential but im sure that would suck for daily...

02HREBlue 10-26-2007 09:22 AM

For all out racing, as in Formula 1, and with future performance mods, the twin clutch will be the best and very likely hold up MUCH better than the manual. Launch control is always a possibility also ala European M5.

:D

Swedie 10-27-2007 12:58 AM

One thing I loved with my 350Z was the fact that I could stomp out the back end and slide/drift on will atleast through roundabouts and on curvy roads in 2nd gear.

With this All wheel drive system, what's the ratio? 60/40 to the rear? Will this car allow for spinning out the rear going through corners, such as you can on rear wheel driven 350Z?

It's the only and last thing I want/need for this car to pretty much go and order one. It adds so much to the fun factor...

Deathmage 10-27-2007 05:18 PM

some of those are new to me.. very cool!

CharlesJ 10-30-2007 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Swedie (Post 3756)
One thing I loved with my 350Z was the fact that I could stomp out the back end and slide/drift on will atleast through roundabouts and on curvy roads in 2nd gear.

With this All wheel drive system, what's the ratio? 60/40 to the rear? Will this car allow for spinning out the rear going through corners, such as you can on rear wheel driven 350Z?

It's the only and last thing I want/need for this car to pretty much go and order one. It adds so much to the fun factor...

As with previous generations, its a totally variable system unlike most AWD cars. Under most conditions, it drives as an almost completely rear drive car. The power split it is capable of is huge with something like on a 5 percent front preload.

In my R33, you could hang the tail out around corners, but it would control how much you hang it out and eventually bring it back

washburn_br 11-15-2007 04:35 AM

The new Skyline looks nice... but I still prefer the design of the late R-34 ......was an aggressive look