GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R  Community

GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/)
-   GTRForums News & Rumors (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/)
-   -   Has anyone in the US or Canada actually placed a specific order (https://www.gtrforums.com/forums/gtrforums-news-rumors-31/has-anyone-us-canada-actually-placed-specific-order-1150/)

GTRjoe1 05-21-2008 11:05 AM

Has anyone in the US or Canada actually placed a specific order

I am on the list, but still waiting for my dealer to get details and allocation details. I gte lots of excused and delays, but no action.

Has anyone actually been called to place their detailed order, and gotten confirmation that they will get a car this year?
Thanks
Joe

otakm45 05-21-2008 12:50 PM

I have recieved confirmation from my dealer that I should be recieving it late June early July.

GTRjoe1 05-21-2008 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by otakm45 (Post 6559)
I have recieved confirmation from my dealer that I should be recieving it late June early July.

So you have done the detailed specs, chosen options, colors, and have a firm price?
Do you know if your dealer has their allocation numbers for the year?
Thanks
Joe

shahulx 06-04-2008 06:27 PM

I have mine on order , July 11th... Maryland

Tye-Dyed 06-04-2008 11:46 PM

Mine is on order (my specs), July 11th, Mississippi

bgnnh 06-05-2008 03:02 PM

I just placed an '09 order but no ETA yet. How long does it take to get the delivery date after you sign the papers?

chrisn 06-08-2008 08:46 AM

I told my dealer my desired specs a while ago, but just got word that my order had been accepted into the production system for a build slot in August. I was concerned because I ordered Super Silver which is a limited color, but I got in under the wire as one of the last cars being built in August in that color.

I am told that it will be 30-45 days from production to delivery in California, meaning lated Sept / early Oct for me.

Guys expecting July 11th delivery: if your car is not built yet, I suspect that date will slip a bit-- especially if not on west cost (not sure where cars come in, but prob Long Beach)

captain ron 06-08-2008 10:14 PM

it will be worth the wait

AJ PwR 07-17-2008 11:55 PM

I have dropped a deposit and the dealer told me that there will be a 3 year waiting list :(

Easy Bake 07-18-2008 06:33 AM

GT-R Still at Obsene Premium Mark-Up?

My GT-R, through a dealer in Silver Spring, Maryland, is supposed to arrive in September. Last heard, the dealer is still requiring a $20K mark up. Is this still the norm for most folks? I was wondering if the tanking economy, awful housing market, and sky high gas prices, would give us prospective buyers more wiggle room?

ultima00 07-18-2008 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Easy Bake (Post 7258)
My GT-R, through a dealer in Silver Spring, Maryland, is supposed to arrive in September. Last heard, the dealer is still requiring a $20K mark up. Is this still the norm for most folks? I was wondering if the tanking economy, awful housing market, and sky high gas prices, would give us prospective buyers more wiggle room?

Its no secret that the launch hasn't been what Nissan had hoped for. There has been stories of dealer offering to "buy back" those on the list and offering them $10k in order to give it to the next guy who has offerd over $20+K, people losing their place in line or pushed out until next year, etc (of course whether this is true or not who knows). This should really surprise no one. I think your best bet would be to search the entire country but $20k over is absolutely rediculous in my book.

Dealership knows that despite the economic woes, people will PAY to get this car. And the limited numbers we will be given only adds to it. Maybe when/if the V-spec comes out, getting the 'base' model without the excessive mark-ups will be more reasonable.